News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Thermoplastic Connecticut Handset

Started by Doug Rose, February 21, 2012, 05:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked up a red thermoplastic Conn Handset on eBay. It was a mess, BUT no cracks or chips. Alot of Norvus II and more elbow grease and it came out really nice. I had a Nickel Conn Toaster phone, so it was a match I couldn't resist. The red dial card is a homemade card. I have a red Conn dial card somewhere!! I looking for it...Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Russ Kirk

The chrome and red go together so well!     
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Adam

Wow, that is so nice, and such a nice combination!  Congrats!

The red number card is a small detail. but really sells it!  :-)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

AE_Collector

That's a great way to avoid the new income tax associated with PayPal and ebaY. BUY rather than SELL!

Terry

Dennis Markham

Quote from: AE_collector on February 21, 2012, 09:20:47 PM
That's a great way to avoid the new income tax associated with PayPal and ebaY. BUY rather than SELL!

Terry

Next they're coming after you for sales tax..........

bingster

Holy cow, that's a beautiful combination! 
= DARRIN =

Doug Rose

thanks guys....I am really happy with it myself. I've been after a red thermo Conn Handset for awhile. When I opened the box, I sure was disappointed. Paint...scratches...gunk. Norvus II is just amazing. I didn't trust a wet sand as I haven't seen one of these in ages.  I left the black cloth cord and both cords are black. The red I have is just too red. more a blood red.

I certainly thought I had a red Conn dial card waiting for this future project. I can find a blue, but not a red. Did they make a red dial card? I certainly thought they did....Doug
Kidphone

liteamorn