News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1958 Mahogany Brown 564 Key Set

Started by unbeldi, September 28, 2013, 12:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Do you agree that the dial light sets (Trimlines with incandescent lamps) don't draw any power when on-hook? So the determining factor could be whether there will be more than one off-hook simultaneously. Isn't it  possible that one 2012A or C is sufficient for multiple Trimlines, if only one goes off-hook at a time? Issue 5 and Issue 6 seem to contradict each other.

I'm not talking about Princess sets, which are classified as night light sets. A 2012A or 2012C is definitely not sufficient for more than one Princess.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

unbeldi

Quote from: poplar1 on January 16, 2014, 06:41:16 PM
Do you agree that the dial light sets (Trimlines with incandescent lamps) don't draw any power when on-hook? So the determining factor could be whether there will be more than one off-hook simultaneously. Isn't it  possible that one 2012A or C is sufficient for multiple Trimlines, if only one goes off-hook at a time? Issue 5 and Issue 6 seem to contradict each other.

I'm not talking about Princess sets, which are classified as night light sets. A 2012A or 2012C is definitely not sufficient for more than one Princess.
I haven't read those BSP issues now in a while, but I do recall that I also noticed contradictions about this issue. There seems a lot of confusion about these transformers and their wiring in the BSPs in general.  It just seems that they changed their opinions or practices at times.
I have no reason to believe that those Trimlines would draw power when on-hook. It would be a rather stupid design, IMHO, if they drew power.  I don't collect Trimlines, and those I did have, I got rid of a long time ago, so I have no way to test and have to rely on the schematics, which should actually be good enough for this.

Dave F

Quote from: poplar1 on January 16, 2014, 06:41:16 PM
<snip>  Do you agree that the dial light sets (Trimlines with incandescent lamps) don't draw any power when on-hook? ....

Yes, Trimlines do indeed draw no power when on-hook, and it is certainly possible to power as many as you want with a single 2012A/C transformer as long as no more than one is off-hook at any time.  The problem is that you can generally not guarantee that this condition will always be met, and that's why the BSPs show the 2012 as only being correct for a single phone.

DF