"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Rotatone for WE 5302G

Started by tylamb19, May 04, 2018, 07:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylamb19

Hi all,

I have a 5302G that I just can't seem to get my Rotatone module hooked up to. I followed the 302 generic installation and I think I had it right (blue on L1 on the coil, red on GND on the termination block, brown to R on the dial, white on BK, and orange on Y),  but whenever I plug it into my home phone lines, there is no audio through the handset. If I unplug the Rotatone's blue wire from L1, the dial tone returns but is very faint. If I unplug the orange Rotatone wire from from Y, the dial tone sounds perfect.

I'm pretty much out of ideas right now. What am I doing wrong?

Key2871

Assuming you're phone worked on a regular pots line, could it be the make break ratio is messing up your rototone. Or is it the RT unit that is the problem. Do you have any other set to try, or is it just that one set.

Ken
KEN

tylamb19

Phone works fine on a standard POTS line (tried with one at work that supports pulse). Unfortunately I only have this phone to work with.

I think I got the Rotatone wired up correctly actually now, I can hear the dial tone perfectly fine, and the touch tones work and they are sent over the VoIP phone line in my house (verified by holding another phone off hook while dialing the 5302), but the call is never completed. It will dial the numbers normally and the touch tones go out, but I only get a dial tone, no call. If I pick up another house phone and dial the numbers on my normal touch tone phone then the call completes normally. It's almost like the Rotatone is not sending the DTMF signals for long enough.

Key2871

Well that's a whole different problem. Sounds like you're VoIP provider  isn't completing the call. I'd call the provider and have them trouble shoot for a possible problem. It's either a problem with their set up, the modem speed is too slow
KEN