News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 - Is my capacitor bad??

Started by Partyline4, February 05, 2018, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partyline4

Just got in a metal 302 from 9-41, and when i plug it in the receiver volume is very faint.

When I plug it in without pressing the hookswitch, the volume is normal, but readily fades away to low volume.

Ever had this problem?

Partyline4

Well. Hooked it up to my 20AL, and my 102, and they sound fine.

I don't know what it was.

Pourme

Quote from: Partyline4 on February 05, 2018, 12:50:48 PM
Just got in a metal 302 from 9-41, and when i plug it in the receiver volume is very faint.

When I plug it in without pressing the hookswitch, the volume is normal, but readily fades away to low volume.

Ever had this problem?

I personally have not experienced what you explain. So many questions come to mind. What kind of plug is on the line cord?
What kind of service do you have? Have you called the phone and spoken on it? Have you made calls on it?

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Partyline4

Quote from: Pourme on February 05, 2018, 02:39:45 PM
I personally have not experienced what you explain. So many questions come to mind. What kind of plug is on the line cord?
What kind of service do you have? Have you called the phone and spoken on it? Have you made calls on it?

Benny

Everything works fine now. Set I got at a flea market cheap...Turned out to be made a few months before US got into WW2!

Partyline4

Just discovered by accident that my handset cord is bad...Jiggling it around causes intermittent loss of volume....OK