News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial cards for AE dials.

Started by Stephen Furley, April 15, 2009, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Furley

Thanks mienaichizu.  Are stick-on dial cards available anywhere?  I've got some conventional WE and AE ones from Oldtelephoneworks, and a few British type ones from Ebay.  My SC 1543 seems to take a smaller card than any of these.

Bill Cahill

Are these phones compatible with our WE system here?
How hard, expensive are they?
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

benhutcherson

At least one of my AE80s has a white plastic disk that snaps into the center, much like the snap-in dial card retainer shown in one of the previous posts.

All of my others(I have a couple) either have no dial card, or a sticker over the center.

Bill,
The AE80s and AE90s are all 100% compatible with US telephone systems. They turn up pretty frequently around here-not as often as 500/554s. I usually buy them when I find them for a reasonable price, and have picked up a couple here and there.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Stephen Furley on May 21, 2009, 02:20:32 PM
Thanks mienaichizu.  Are stick-on dial cards available anywhere?  I've got some conventional WE and AE ones from Oldtelephoneworks, and a few British type ones from Ebay.  My SC 1543 seems to take a smaller card than any of these.

Uhmmmm, I'm not so sure about it, maybe oldphoneworks has it

bingster

Stephen, try one of these AE dial cards:

http://www.telephonearchive.com/numbercards/ae/ae_white.html

This type has a smaller, tear-out center, which is probably the smaller size you need.  There are other types for AE as well, and you may be able to print them out on adhesive label stock or adhesive paper sheets.

Also be sure to follow the links to dial cards for other manufacturers.  You'll probably find the small Stromberg dial card you're looking for.
= DARRIN =