News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 360: Kellogg Mahogany Brown Bakelite Red Bar Telephone - Ended 01-05-19

Started by TelePlay, December 27, 2018, 04:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

$265.00  Please.  Finally, a phone that I saw on Ebay before seeing it here.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bobv on January 01, 2019, 02:32:40 PM

it work with XLink
I am referring to the select-o-phone version. They need a special controller to work.  Beside telephone and intercom, you can use them for automation.  Dial 3 to unlock door, 4 to turn on lights, things like that. ISTR that you dial a number and push the button to activate that feature.
I saw a portable  salesman sample system once,  They phones are really  cool with the controller.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bobv

Quote from: Jim Stettler on January 01, 2019, 02:45:42 PM
I am referring to the select-o-phone version. They need a special controller to work.  Beside telephone and intercom, you can use them for automation.  Dial 3 to unlock door, 4 to turn on lights, things like that. ISTR that you dial a number and push the button to activate that feature.
I saw a portable  salesman sample system once,  They phones are really  cool with the controller.
JMO,
Jim S.

Hi Jim
thanks for the information.  I have to buy

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

TelePlay

Contest Winner:  poplar1
Guessed Price:  $165.00
Total Wins: 7

Auction Winner: a***l ( 1014 )
Winning Price:   $137.50
Bidders:  7
Bids:  26

Contest Standings:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4198.msg51445#msg51445

CRPF Hall of Fame:   http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=138.msg976#msg976]

Thanks to all who played along in this contest.

Butch Harlow

I guess that button was more of an issue that we assumed. Pity that. It's beautiful otherwise.
Butch Harlow