News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

we 2500d question

Started by Bill Mc, November 01, 2008, 08:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Mc

Just found a 1969 WE 2500d set.  The tt pad seems dead, I have switched red and black wire, same thing.  This pad has a transistor and two coils.  I think solder joints are ok.  Has anyone been able to repair one of these?  Thanks Bill

Dan/Panther

Check the transistor if you can.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Mc

Have not checked it yet, but suspect it may be bad.  It is a WE 12d.  Can't find any info on it,  What is the replacement for it?  Thanks, Bill

Dan

My 2500 touchtone  is dead too. I am a newbie, where is the transistor?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bingster

Check that your wiring hasn't been tinkered with first, and then suspect the transistor.  You wouldn't believe how common it is for the wiring in phones to have been altered over the years.

http://www.telephonecollectors.org/library/weco/2500d.pdf

= DARRIN =

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

QuoteYou wouldn't believe how common it is for the wiring in phones to have been altered over the years.

I second that.  It's surprised me how many old phones have been messed with internally. 

Bill Mc

I was hopeing to find a wiring problem but I downloaded diagram and it was ok.  It has a 425 network and I "think" it is alright.  Too tight to buy a new touch pad, and besides it's fun to try to fix these old things.  So if anyone knows about the transistor I would like to know.  Thanks, Bill