News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Payphone II, Getting it working.

Started by WesternElectricBen, December 22, 2013, 01:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Personally I'm not really a fan of anything specific, but with apple, they tend to sell old hardware (using the same CPUs, RAM and graphics for the entire life of the specific model lines) for rather expensive prices, and the recent designs are built to be single-use (so forget repairing and refurbishing them), and their use of double-sided tape to hold everything together seems very cheap to me, yet it's not reflected in their prices, it's even put a lot of hardened apple fans off buying their products, choosing instead to go over to the PC side and building "Hackintoshes" out of wintel laptops or desktops, same prices (less if you're canny with what you buy), but much better performance with their own OS... :)

I don't see apple lasting more than another 5 years, after all, the last time they lacked Steve Jobs, they pretty much went bankrupt, and it was the Imac G3s that saved them from being left in the doldrums of history with Sinclair, Amstrad, Commodore, Acorn, Atari and many more platforms that have been and gone in the past 30 years... :)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on December 27, 2013, 10:34:25 PM
Personally I'm not really a fan of anything specific, but with apple, they tend to sell old hardware (using the same CPUs, RAM and graphics for the entire life of the specific model lines) for rather expensive prices, and the recent designs are built to be single-use (so forget repairing and refurbishing them), and their use of double-sided tape to hold everything together seems very cheap to me, yet it's not reflected in their prices, it's even put a lot of hardened apple fans off buying their products, choosing instead to go over to the PC side and building "Hackintoshes" out of wintel laptops or desktops, same prices (less if you're canny with what you buy), but much better performance with their own OS... :)

I don't see apple lasting more than another 5 years, after all, the last time they lacked Steve Jobs, they pretty much went bankrupt, and it was the Imac G3s that saved them from being left in the doldrums of history with Sinclair, Amstrad, Commodore, Acorn, Atari and many more platforms that have been and gone in the past 30 years... :)

Didn't I tell you to stop sharing your opinion?

twocvbloke

Ah, but you said my opinion on which brand is better, I said that I wasn't a fan of anything specific, most of the time I can't stand most of what is offered, Windows is junk, Android spies on it's users, linux is confusing and apple, well, yeah... :P

DavePEI

Ok People. The best computer is hands down, Raspberry PI!  :)

Some people like Macs, some like PCs - lets leave it like that!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on December 27, 2013, 11:13:19 PM
Ok People. The best computer is hands down, Raspberry PI!  :)

But that's linux, it's confusing... ;D

WesternElectricBen

Thank you Dave!

Like you said, it doesn't matter, what ever works for someone, works!

Twocvbloke, I'm starting to get your humor but you seem to be just "trolling" now which it might just be me, but I don't appriciate it.

Alright, let's get back to the topic, the second payphone.

Ben