News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sometimes the Bear Bites you

Started by Doug Rose, January 15, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This came on eBay just as I was looking. One pic.....I took the gamble. $20 is a great price, but when I got it I found there were no insides and the harness had been cut. Bummer. It cleaned up fantastic with original the paint and is very shiny. Cosmetically  it good shape. I'm not sure that the back plate is even correct. Maybe I will try to get it to work with 302 parts.Seller told me I didn't know phones, it needed a subset

"I did not sell this as a working phone. I said there was no number inside the set. I am not quite sure what you thought you were buying.This set requires a sub set."

I found a cap to the receiver in my parts, not sure if its correct. Oh well!.....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AL_as_needed

Still a clean body and dial, great base for a project. Bite isnt THAT bad I guess
TWinbrook7

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

Doug:

You need to learn to concede to people obviously more highly trained in all aspects of telephony than yourself. If it needs a subset....it needs a subset!

Terry

Victor Laszlo

Keep this seller as a favorite, and check his auctions often. Considering what a jerk he is, you make walk away with more bargains.

19and41

Looks pretty good for twenty bucks.  Here they would hold for $100 unto grim death.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 15, 2017, 02:38:28 PM
Doug:

You need to learn to concede to people obviously more highly trained in all aspects of telephony than yourself. If it needs a subset....it needs a subset!

Terry

If it doesn't have an induction coil, it needs a subset !

Greg G.

Doug, I have both a 1930 and a 1940 version of this same phone.  I also have the shell of a 534-A subset.  Here's some comparison picks.  I don't have a pic of the back of the 1940 version, I'll have to dig it out and post it later.  I have a feeling the back didn't change in 10 years.  I also have a couple subsets, I'll look at those too.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 15, 2017, 02:38:28 PM
Doug:

Terry
Terry....that is a bad habit i have that I must break!  I know I got a good deal on this, but I'm just disappointed the guts and hinges are gone. That's life. It displays wonderfully....but where !!....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Maybe a holiday decoration.  (At least til the appropriate innards come along.)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke