News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

50 Year Collection

Started by Fabius, July 23, 2016, 12:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

In Vancouver British Columbia. Look at all that stuff! Just think, when you're called to the big telephone show in the sky your collection might be on Craigslist.  No price listed so it must be free.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/atq/5691128451.html ( dead link 03-04-21 )
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Wow, quite a few greater than $1,000 items from what I can see and all within one 880 sq ft building. I wonder if the building is for sale or could be for sale including the personal property stored inside? Would solve the problem of moving all that stuff out to another building.

WEBellSystemChristian

It looks like there are more phones peeking out of other stuff in the rest of the pictures. This reminds me of the "I Spy" books!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Mr. Bones

OMG! Where's Waldo!

What a find 8) 8) 8) !!!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Dennis Markham

It's interesting to see what telephone collectors collect (besides telephones).  Many of us are similar.....telephones, clocks, radios, phonographs.....among other items. 

What a huge collection!

~Dennis

Dan/Panther

I have the better examples of my collection on display, but the balance, which is much more than the displayed collection, is more or less like the photos, except in boxes.

Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Hard to call it a collection when its piled in front of the next piece and then the next. I have been in hoarder's homes when they have a narrow isle to walk through room to room. ....Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

Doug, several years ago myself and a fellow collector traveled to pick up a #10 Western Electric phone booth. This collector we were going to was a hoarder. I have pictures where his whole living and bed rooms are filled with phones, literally. My friend who was with me is seen chest high in phones. He is standing on the narrow path with phone all around him. I was going to post the pictures but I'm not, to avoid embarrassing the owner.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

10,000 phones?
With all these phones hitting the market....assuming they do.....could that affect the value of our collections?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Pourme on July 24, 2016, 09:27:04 PM
10,000 phones?
With all these phones hitting the market....assuming they do.....could that affect the value of our collections?
If it's more of a hoarder situation (which it looks like it is) most of those phones have little or no collectability. I doubt this could affect our collection values in the long run.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

LarryInMichigan

In one of the pictures, there appear to be a few Addison radios.  Those can be worth a very substantial amount.

Larry