News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory 305 Desktop Rotary Phone

Started by John S, March 01, 2015, 08:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Pick up a really cool Ivory phone.  Will need to be cleaned up.  The cord is stretched out.  I don't know much about these phone but will love to learn about them.  I think some tough TLC will bring him back to live. 

John

TelePlay

Nice find, and a bit of a project to clean it up. But, very nice, indeed.

What are the dates on it and all that other info that would date the phone.

Where did you get it, how much did you pay for it and what were the shipping or pick up costs?

John S

Thanks....

Found it on Craigslist for 20.00.  I actually went a friend to buy a lawnmower and he had a box of phones in his garage.  This was the only one that was old and cool looking.  I think that might be a volume control button?

John

Kenton K

HarrySmith

Nice find! Great price too. The switch is a ringer on - off switch not a volume button. That makes this a 305. Keep us updated on the restoration! Lots of pics!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

LarryInMichigan

That is a really great find.  I have never seen an ivory plastic 305 before.  I would expect it to get $200+ on ebay.  Be very careful when cleaning and polishing the shell and make sure that it does not fit too snugly over the base.  If it is snug, bending the corners of the base inward a bit will help the shell to fit better and reduce the risk of cracking.

Larry

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, incredible find!

That will look really good after a nice cleaning!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

kleinkaliber

Nice find! That should clean up beautifully. I'm officially jealous.

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Mr. Bones

First one I have ever seen, great find! Enjoy!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

Seeing that this is a what could be a rare 305, I changed the topic subject from 302 to 305 so it can be found in a search for 305s.

And, yes, I also have never seen one of these in any color other than black.

unbeldi

Well, I do recall seeing a few of these.

Here is a green one on the Forum:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9514.msg101641#msg101641

Doug Rose

Very nice find. Put all the Ivory parts in a 50/50 solution of clorox and water and let it soak. It could take days but it will come out looking like new. If you want to protect your dates, put vaseline over them. What a wonderful phone....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: unbeldi on March 02, 2015, 07:35:29 PM
Well, I do recall seeing a few of these.

Here is a green one on the Forum:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9514.msg101641#msg101641

My memory is shot. That was less than two years ago.

This ivory, with a crack and only one picture, was contest #65 from 4 years ago, before my time doing contests.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4599.0