News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another One For The Haters :>

Started by Craig T, November 04, 2009, 04:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

And Now Briny You Will See The Light!  Don't Hate....Appreciate! ;) :D Starlite phone with the line cord and all. One tiny chip in the faceplate, but for $3.28 who cares! This one is magic, you can hang up on the person twice with this.  :o  Glad I stopped on the way home!

This is the speed dialer of rotary phones, does this dial ever move fast... don't blink you might miss it!

bingster

Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen the insides of one of these.  Nifty!  I also don't think I've seen an 80 foot mounting cord! Geez, that thing's long.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

That must be an earlier Starlite.  Later versions had the switch hook under only one side.

Craig T

Yes. I thought the same thing when carrying it to the counter. I had a stack of cord under one arm. This was one of those units you could use while hanging out the laundry  ;D. There was only one part I seen with a serial number on it and for whatever reason I did not take a pic of it.

bwanna

that does it!!! i'm heading to the U.P. :o ;D

the long cord is for dragging the phone into the bathroom for those super secret teenage conversations. ;)
donna

foots

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 04, 2009, 04:51:30 PM
That must be an earlier Starlite.  Later versions had the switch hook under only one side.

Also, the handset cord on the newer versions is centered on the phone, not off to the left side.

I have a later one in the same color with a green faceplate and also a green wall version with the faceplate like Craig T's. I really like them, the dials are very smooth and I find the sound quality is really good and louder than any of my other phones.

EDIT: mine has an off white face plate, not silver
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Greg G.

Quote from: Craig T on November 04, 2009, 04:34:29 PM
And Now Briny You Will See The Light!  Don't Hate....Appreciate! ;) :D Starlite phone with the line cord and all. One tiny chip in the faceplate, but for $3.28 who cares! This one is magic, you can hang up on the person twice with this.  :o  Glad I stopped on the way home!

This is the speed dialer of rotary phones, does this dial ever move fast... don't blink you might miss it!

GASP!  What's that lamp doing there?!!! Get that thing away from it!!  :o
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Craig T

Quote from: Brinybay on November 04, 2009, 09:12:55 PM
Quote from: Craig T on November 04, 2009, 04:34:29 PM

GASP!  What's that lamp doing there?!!! Get that thing away from it!!  :o

LOL, I know how bad you hate those so I set the first picture up like a phone lamp, just to get a rise out of you. I know I am beating that poor joke to death.  ::)  Thanks for being a good sport Briny.

Donna I think you could reach your house from mine with this cord  :D

Greg G.

Quote from: Craig T on November 04, 2009, 09:37:18 PM

LOL, I know how bad you hate those so I set the first picture up like a phone lamp, just to get a rise out of you. I know I am beating that poor joke to death.  ::)  Thanks for being a good sport Briny.

I feel like "Charlie Brown" of Coasters fame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxumz76eLP0
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Craig T

Quote from: Brinybay on November 05, 2009, 01:34:41 AM
Quote from: Craig T on November 04, 2009, 09:37:18 PM

I feel like "Charlie Brown" of Coasters fame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxumz76eLP0

"Why is everybody always pickin' on me" nice one  :D