News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SA 2: Clear AE40 Deskset Special Auction Contest - Ended 9/14/14

Started by TelePlay, September 12, 2014, 08:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

And the winner of Clear AE40 Deskset Special Auction Contest is AE_Collector, who with the second entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $778.00, proving that someone who collects AE telephones should know what they are worth.  ::)

Overall, it was an interesting auction from the day it was listed at $49.00. Unfortunatley, after hitting $796 about 3 hours before the auction ended, it just sat there with no bidding activity, no snipes in the last few seconds. The phone ended up selling for $796.00 and was won by bidder i***n ( 210 ). Once again, our congratulations go out to AE_Collector for his impressive win in this second special CRPF Auction Contests.

Thanks again to all who played. As always, you have to play to win.

AE_Collector

Aw Shucks! Good guess Terry! As we all know, it could have sold for $796 or $2796. This one is going to be a tough restoration job for someone.

So let me see if I have this correct, no check is in the mail, no moving up a rung in the Auction Contest standings AND, no clear AE 40 is in the mail to me! Thats just the kind of day its been for me in all aspects!

Thanks for running the contest in any event John.

Terry

TelePlay

For posterity, this Clear AE34 was listed at a BIN price of $1,699.00 or best offer. As of a half hour before the auction ended, it had 35 watchers and 3 offers.

An interesting comparison to the phone in this contest.

AE_Collector

I haven't checked that auction out by my guess is that one is a Ray Kotke model? Looks to good for anything else!

Terry