News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The best dogs I've seen. All have been mine.

Started by Bill Cahill, March 24, 2009, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Mike is all I have left, but, he's the best on earth.
But, I thought you might be interested in seeing two other dogs I used to have that have now passed away.
We'll start with my present dog, Mike.

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AET

Dogs are great friends.  Mike looks like a friendly one too!!  I had a Rotty named Rocky when I was very little, he was my buddy, if my dad yelled at me, he'd start growling or jump my dad.  I had a Chocolate Lab and a Black and Tan Coonhound, both named Zeke.

That coonhound, Zeke, I had for 7 years and was my best friend.  I wasn't able to even start healing til months after he was gone, I can never talk about him or I get choked up still. 

My last dog I had is still around, his name is Jake and he's a purebred Yellow Lab.  I had to give him away when we built this new house, but a friend of mine from work has him and says he's doing great!  Still miss him though.
- Tom

mienaichizu

I used to have a German Shepherd before, Its the best dog I have but now he's dead.

I have a cat and a dog today but I prefer the cat but she's not the perfect pet, she always bites me in the feet

Bill Cahill

Mike is a one human dog. He likes to meet others, but, only wishes to stay by me. He's a very loving, and, intelligent dog.
Queenie, who died of a heart attack the morning of the day I got Mike really broke my heart. I was doing volunteer work when it happenned. I got home, and, she was dead on bathroom floor.
The house was so empty I had to get something that day, or go insane.
It took Mike, and, me some time to get used to each-other, but, now, we are best of friends.
I'll try to find pictures of my other dogs I used to have in the computer.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

Here is a picture of two of my other dogs while they were still alive about 5 years ago.
The golden one was Queenie, a Chow mix. The black and, white one was Buster2, a Boxer mix.
And, another of Buster in his favorite spot.....
Still breaks my heart to be without them.....  :'(
Bill Cahill

McHeath

Yeah we sure do get attached to our dogs and cats.  I've had both over the years and am fond of both, they each have their charms.  Currently only have a cat, named Mouse, she's quite the hunter which is how she got the name.  Had a dog named Snoopy that I grew up with, best of buddies, he lived a good long life and one day just vanished.  We lived out in the country and he probably went off and died someplace, which was sad and still is.

Nice looking dogs Bill.

AET

We were going to be getting a german sheppard, but my folks got into a fight and now that isn't happening.  I'm moving out soon, and am looking at a trailer house, that doesn't allow dogs, so I have to settle for a cat.  But someday, I will have my rotweiller!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Time fore D/P to brag again.
Here is a photo of My Boy Kawliga, he's all decked out, and hating it...His first show win photograph.
He did not like showing, so after 3 shows, I pulled him permanently. He would rather roll in the dirt, than to be all dolled up.
BTW, he finished in First Place in every show he was entered in. Here's the Brag.... As far as I know, he is the only undeafeated Shetland Sheepdog I know of. There are probably others but he is the only one I know of personally, and I've been involvede with 100's of show Shelties. As you may tell, I am VERY PROUD of him.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

My dog Mike helps me accross the busy street, and, he's not even a seeing eye dog.
Queenie used to help me round up the other dogs. I had four, at one time.
Saluki Mix with alot of Greyhound. Snyder by name. He was the boss of the family.
Chow mix  Queenie by name. Very loving little dog. Very sweet. Extremely gentle.
Boxer Mix Buster2 by name. Very vibrant, playful little fella, yet, very loving, and, gentle.
Hound Mix by the name of Lady. She was found abandonned in the woods in Georgua. She  was retarded, and, very frighteened of people.
I had alot of difficulty with her, but, in the last year of her life, she settled down alot, and, decided she was happy here.
Poor thing got stomach cancer.
So did Snyder.
Queenie died of a heart attack.
Buster2 of old age.
I had a beutiful dog in Michigan that I brought to Florida with me .
He was a Bouvies de floundres. His name was Buster.
He was playful. He liked playing games with me. Loved pulling me down the street on my bycicle. He was a very strong dog.
He died of old age problems. Cancer, and, a weak heart.
When I was young, we had a very wonderful pure bred St. Bernard by the name of Poochie Faya Temple. She was 350 lbs of pure love.
We had AKC papers with her, which I still have to this day. Poochie's father stood over 5' tall on all fours. I kid you not!

Bill Cahill

Dan/Panther

Bill;
My Dog asked me to post this picture for you.
D/P

BDM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one! ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Bill Cahill

Dan, Mike asked me to post this one for you.......

And,........  ;D
Bill Cahill

AET

Kawliga is a cool name!  Like the Hank Williams, and later, Charley Pride song!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 09, 2009, 12:52:37 AM

Tom;
Also sang by Marty Robbins, Hank Jr. And others.
You are exactly right, that is where I got the name. It's one of the songs I remember singing along with on the radio back in 1953. It was also the last record recorded by Hank Williams, and the country western song of the year for 1953. Also First Country song to use drums, first country song to fade out at the end. http://tinyurl.com/cnqtc3
Kaw-Liga (My dog) his father was named Hank Williams.
D/P

AET

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 09, 2009, 01:52:17 AM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 09, 2009, 12:52:37 AM

Tom;
Also sang by Marty Robbins, Hank Jr. And others.
You are exactly right, that is where I got the name. It's one of the songs I remember singing along with on the radio back in 1953. It was also the last record recorded by Hank Williams, and the country western song of the year for 1953. Also First Country song to use drums, first country song to fade out at the end. http://tinyurl.com/cnqtc3
Kaw-Liga (My dog) his father was named Hank Williams.
D/P
Yup, I've heart Marty's version and have Hank Jr's.  It was a big hit for Hank Sr in 53 and for Charley in the 60's. Great tune!  I actually have a cigar store indian in my house, that I named Kaw Liga.  That's even cooler that your dog's father was named Hank Williams! 
- Tom