News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Most Of Us Already Have One.

Started by Fabius, June 07, 2014, 08:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

While we don't see one of these on eBay very often I think most of us have one at home somewhere. I like the extras items that go with it. I hope the seller packs it well.

http://tinyurl.com/mgmkbym
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

BDM

Thanks, I do not have one quite like this and I'm going for it. If no one minds, please do NOT bid this up, thanks.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

DavePEI

Quote from: Fabius on June 07, 2014, 08:30:39 PM
While we don't see one of these on eBay very often I think most of us have one at home somewhere. I like the extras pictures that go with it. I hope the seller packs it well.

http://tinyurl.com/mgmkbym

Its a good one, too!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

I have a couple in the corner of my workshop, they are probably moldy now, from sitting under the water source. (LOL)

Ben

Mr. Bones

Good Luck, and happy bidding, Brian!

It will probably go outside of my budget range... no base photo, so can't see a date, but certainly vintage. ;)

Guess I'll have to remain happy for now with my motley collection of various sized USPS Priority boxes, and leave items like this to the big-ticket buyers!!! ;D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on June 07, 2014, 10:28:47 PM
Good Luck, and happy bidding, Brian!

It will probably go outside of my budget range... no base photo, so can't see a date, but certainly vintage. ;)

Guess I'll have to remain happy for now with my motley collection of various sized USPS Priority boxes, and leave items like this to the big-ticket buyers!!! ;D

Best regards!

Yeah, and it looks like it's not complete, you never know where you'll find a suitable replacement.

I'm on the floor laughing......

Ben

TelePlay

The price is right, and it has one bid, but that $10 shipping will keep me away.

Edit: Excuse me, just realized the shipping is from Portugal so $10 is a real deal, right?

WEBellSystemChristian

How would you pack something like that? Would you pack it inside of another box, or would you just ship it with a USPS label on it? Kinda strange..... ???
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on June 07, 2014, 11:52:47 PM
How would you pack something like that?

One way to find out Christian, win the auction today and see how it arrives. One way to ship it would be to cut the tape on the bottom flaps and ship it flat, or folded up flat which would make it a bit more less "good condition." That would make it smaller in volume for shipment.

And, I wonder if the garbage inside the box, as posted, is included? And if so, what's really inside that garbage, or printed on it?

Actually, makes me wonder what else is included that is not known to the average person but would be to someone who knew the code words of the listing including having foreknowledge of the listing being put up on eBay. What are they really going to ship in the box? Or, what's really going on here? What's being transferred under the guise of an eBay auction for a simple box, with holes, tears, wear spots, crushes and bends, where they should not be. Ever wonder . . . ?

And, why would a buyer with a feedback of 51 be looking for a "box" in the "Collectibles > Radios" category and then bid on it right after it was listed?

Another thing, it was a 24 hour, a one day listing. Who would catch that unless they knew it was being listed? The first bid came within 8 minutes of the item being listed. Ah, so many questions in a curious, cynical mind . . . . ??? The size of the box is not given, either. So what is the one bidder actually buying? And, what if you, Christian, really did win the auction, would the seller actually ship it to you or say it "got lost in the mail" a month from now? If you did win it and it did not arrive, I'd say it was more than just a box for sale, at least not for sale to you, or me or anyone other than the one bidder who seems to be about to take the box, and whatever else, home.

Then, what is that below the flap in the lower left corner? Looks like a cloth cord attached to a telephone, doesn't it? But that's not for sale, or is it?

Go for it Christian and tell us what it really is when it arrives. For $12.00, you can see what is behind Door #3 . . .  ;)

MagicMo

That is awesomely hilarious. I think I spied mouse droppings in the left corner. If I had a nickel for every one of those boxes I had I would be able to buy a foot long from Subway! To think I threw away kills me.
Mo 
Practice Kindness :)

twocvbloke

Quote from: MagicMo on June 08, 2014, 01:32:45 PMIf I had a nickel for every one of those boxes I had I would be able to buy a foot long from Subway!

Hmm, now I want a footlong from Subway, can't have one though, they're all closed now (well, round here at least!!)... ;D

TelePlay

Sold for $1 plus $10 in shipping, one bidder and one bid.

Could have had 2 foot longs for that.

I still wonder what the buyer will actually receive . . .

BDM

Quote from: TelePlay on June 08, 2014, 10:11:31 PM
I still wonder what the buyer will actually receive . . .

;D 8) :P

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI