News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another W.E. 444EG for my collection!

Started by Babybearjs, November 23, 2014, 07:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

these things are rare and nobody wants them..... so here I am winning ANOTHER W.E. 444EG deskset.... I just have to clean it up, replace the line cord with newer modular connections, replace the dial center.... and I have another phone for my collection!
John

WesternElectricBen

Nice find, I had that on my watch list. Although, I didn't like how the original line cord wasn't in good shape.

Ben

Babybearjs

Ben, I've got a 1A1 system in my home and these work great.  now, should I accent it in Brass, or Chrome??
John

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 24, 2014, 01:27:53 AM
Ben, I've got a 1A1 system in my home and these work great.  now, should I accent it in Brass, or Chrome??

Accent what?

Ben

Phonesrfun

I love the colored desi strip and the fact that the lens is not broken, cracked, discolored or missing!
-Bill G

Babybearjs

back in 2008, I won a 464 that was in the same condition, a little cleaning up and its as good as new.... at least I didn't have to pay the $100.00 I did for the 464....it was my first 400 series phone.... I love these units! so compact! sooo art deco!
John

Babybearjs

Ben, the handset... and dial. you can trim these phones out in either brass or chrome.... checkout www.oldphoneworks.com to see what I'm talking about. it really adds to the phone when you deviate from the basic black!
John