News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mini PABX SV308 From China

Started by Fabius, April 25, 2018, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Received the PABX and here's some first thoughts & impressions. I bought it from China and I received it in 2 weeks. The total cost was about $58.It is available on eBay but at a higher price.  It is new in the box.It will be replacing a Panasonic 616. I wanted to try this unit because of it's much smaller size, lower power consumption and a few more features.

Positives:

Low cost Lower power consumption. Small footprint. Can be wall mounted. Can be programmed by a regular touchtone phone. Build quality seems okay. On the CO1 line I have VOIP provided by Magic Jack. It recognizes the ring from the Magic Jack unit.

once programmed it will have impressive features.

Negatives:

Not" Plug & play" It has default programming but you have to activate/re-activate the CO lines when the unit is powered up.There is no built in battery. I will get a small UPS before the PABX goes into full service.

Does not recognize dial pulses, touch tone only.

50 cycle ringing. Modern electronic ringers should not have a problem. Mine ring fine. I have not tested a vintage phone on the system for ringing yet.

User manual is written by someone who's first language is not English. I've seen worse manuals but it is annoying.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

andy1702

That's very small!

The size I like, but it wouldn't be any use to me because 90% of my phones are pulse dialling, including the ones I use every day. So I'll be sticking with my BT Revelation and 616s for now
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.