News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Updated posts

Started by Dan/Panther, May 25, 2009, 03:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Just a few minutes ago I was checking the different areas of the forum for new posts. All of a sudden I was at a page that said Updated Posts. It was a list of all of the posts that had responses that I had not read yet. I don't know how I got there nor can I get back. Is that a function of the Forum, or Internet Explorer ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

It's probably the "Show unread posts since your last visit" link.  It's in this block of text toward the top:

QuoteHey, bingster, you have 42 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 14 days, 5 hours and 40 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
= DARRIN =

Ellen

Huh!  You want a revealing and possibly embarrassing page view, try "other stats"at the bottom of the home page!!

HobieSport

Yipes Ellen; According to the stats I spend the most time online, but I think the stats may be somewhat misleading.  I often log on early in the day and then check back in periodically over the day, but I stay logged on, just so I don't have to retype my name and password.  Today for example I may be technically logged on for say eight hours, but will probably only really be "hanging around" on the forum for twenty minutes.

Dan/Panther

Matt;
Nice try, I do the same thing and I can't catch you....
D/P
Get a life.......

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Hmm, male/female ratio of 17.5 to 1.

rp2813

I never log out and have been a member for a lot longer than two days!  Somehow the site knows when you're navigating through it and I guess it knows to toss out downtime even if you're still logged on.

Ralph
Ralph

McHeath

QuoteSomehow the site knows when you're navigating through it and I guess it knows to toss out downtime even if you're still logged on.

Creepy, "They" are watching our every move... ;)

Bill Cahill

::) It's the computer gremlins. Funny. I've been logged on all the time, and, yet, according to the gremlins, I've hardly been around....  ::)
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."