"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on January 16, 2018, 09:14:46 PM
Everyone should have one of these.  Noteworthy Message Center.

Especially in that extreme 1970s rust color!  Those phones were marketed heavily by the local AT&T telcos (at least by IL Bell) in the 1970s.  I don't recall actually seeing any in peoples' houses though.  Like all the other premium phones, they were quite expensive.

Larry

wds

Chinese or Japanese Phone.  The entire phone feels like metal,  even the handset.  The bottom part of the shell is steel, a magnet will not stick to the rest of the phone so I'm guessing some sort of pot metal.  Maybe brass.  Got an intermittent dial tone.  I can make out the initials as DK and NEC.
Dave

wds

Paint is in nice, I still need to clean it up.
Dave

rdelius

Your Japanese set was built in 1942  (Showa 17) Poss in August..  NEC would be Nippon Electric Company.NEC was part of the international Western Electric .

wds

1902 Scientific American featuring the Faller Automatic Telephone Exchange.
Dave

wds

A few more X Ray shades.  Hopefully more will turn up.
Dave

TelePlay

Quote from: wds on January 17, 2018, 02:23:19 PM
1902 Scientific American featuring the Faller Automatic Telephone Exchange.

I really enjoy reading old newspapers and magazines to explore life then versus now, like this ad for mined and prepared clay.

wds

An old 1800's unused telegram Book.  I have stacks of magazines and books to go through.
Dave

wds

Some Telegraph Keys.
Dave

wds

Field set of some sort.
Dave

wds

Mine phone.  Paint is in great shape, even has the key.  This phone looks too good to have ever been used.
Dave

HarrySmith

Quote from: wds on January 19, 2018, 03:04:50 PM
Mine phone.  Paint is in great shape, even has the key.  This phone looks too good to have ever been used.

WOW! That definetly looks unused. I have never seen one look that nice. Must be NOS. Congrats!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Yes, very clean indeed, looks NOS.

The gongs are on the dial side so what's this, in the red box, a counter weight for the ringer, or something else?

rdelius

That arm is part of the ringer mechanism and goes through a hole to the clapper on the outside where the gongs are

HarrySmith

IIRC it is the same setup with the dial. The fingerwheel on the outside is connected to a rod that turns the dial inside.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"