News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My wife is going to kill me, what else is new.

Started by acolabrese, February 10, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I have no qualms about acquiring a phone like one I already have.  Another black 500?  No problem!  All depends on it's condition and price.  It'll just make one more phone that I can use to trade or give as a gift, or maybe it'll take it's turn as the "daily driver".
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

Whenever I buy a new phone and my wife asks, I just subtract 80% before telling her! Course, when she hears my answer, she probably adds 100% ;D

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dave F

Quote from: DavePEI on March 24, 2013, 11:46:53 AM
Whenever I buy a new phone and my wife asks, I just subtract 80% before telling her! Course, when she hears my answer, she probably adds 100% ;D

Dave
In my case, much experience in these matters has conclusively demonstrated that honesty is truly the best policy (unless one actually LIKES being in the dog house or sleeping on the couch!)  I would rather fess-up and reveal the true cost of my latest find right up front rather than suffer the inevitable consequences if/when my wife looks at my credit card statement and starts asking questions.  Your mileage may vary!

DavePEI

Quote from: Dave F on March 24, 2013, 01:37:52 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on March 24, 2013, 11:46:53 AM

Dave
In my case, much experience in these matters has conclusively demonstrated that honesty is truly the best policy (unless one actually LIKES being in the dog house or sleeping on the couch!)  I would rather fess-up and reveal the true cost of my latest find right up front rather than suffer the inevitable consequences if/when my wife looks at my credit card statement and starts asking questions.  Your mileage may vary!
But when you have a wife whose policy is what's her's is her's, and what's mine is her's, you have to do that  ;)
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dave F

Quote from: DavePEI on March 24, 2013, 01:39:18 PM
But when you have a wife whose policy is what's her's is her's, and what's mine is her's, you have to do that  ;)
I think that's the policy of EVERY wife!

DF

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Dave F on March 24, 2013, 01:37:52 PM
In my case, much experience in these matters has conclusively demonstrated that honesty is truly the best policy (unless one actually LIKES being in the dog house or sleeping on the couch!)  I would rather fess-up and reveal the true cost of my latest find right up front rather than suffer the inevitable consequences if/when my wife looks at my credit card statement and starts asking questions.  Your mileage may vary!

My goodness, I truly appear to have missed the proverbial boat! :o

I've been divorced since 1985, (happily), so I thought, quite foolishly, it seems, in retrospect, that 'The Best Policy' was being single. ;)

Oh dear, too late to mend my ways, now... :D

Best regards,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

unbeldi

Perhaps a problem is that not enough wives get a phone like this once in a while:

URL:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360618645406

twocvbloke

poplar1

I think Peter asked the right question----no cutout for the dial. It also has a 139A backboard for mounting on a horizontal surface.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.