News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm seeing RED again......

Started by Babybearjs, December 06, 2019, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK guys and gals! (yes, I remembered you this time!) Once again we have a war on our hands..... and who is going to win? the bidding opened last night at $9.95 and is climbing! with a week left in the bidding, who is going to get this? I'm so mad I could spit! anther RED 564 up for auction! why is RED such a sought after color? even the 500 phones in red fetch a price! you'd think they are RARE? so good luck if you are bidding on this phone, its not mine, just wish it was.....
John

Stormcrash

Everyone want's to pretend they're picking up or using the emergency hotline

Never mind that the Moscow Washington hotline was actually a set of Teletypes

Babybearjs

I just hate it... because I've got the 2564, its hurting for a rotary mate!
John

Western Bell

It really didn't take much time to post this additional useful info after having to search eBay for the listing (which took time) . . .  meh.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ROTARY-DIAL-OFFICE-TELEPHONE-BELL-SYSTEMS-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-RED-IN-COLOR/143463159955

"We have for your viewing and bidding pleasure a vintage rotary dial telephone. It is of hard red plastic in good condition. The phone has no breaks, cracks or chips. In between the mouth and earpiece on the handset it is marked in embossing Bell System Property Western Electric. There are a couple rub wear marks from setting in the cradle. On the back side towards the top it is also marked Bell System Made By Western Electric. This back side shows just a little bit of fading and rubbing. We believe the telephone was used in an office because 2 of the 5 clear push down buttons has phone numbers on them that is 1 digit apart. One of the push down buttons is red and it says HOLD above it. The cord that goes from the phone into the wall is heavy duty and is gray which shows wear and use. We believe the phone would be in working order if it was hooked up correctly. The phone sets on 4 hard rubber ¼" feet. There is a paper label that on the bottom of it has 3-78. We believe this stands for March 1978."

FABphones

Thanks for adding the screenshot and info W.B. I looked for it too, but couldn't find the listing.

The screenshot shows the bidding has only gone up a few dollars from $9.95.
I will be interested to see what this one sells for.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Babybearjs

I have my bid in... lets see who actually gets it!
John

Key2871

Well RED is a sharp color I like. Thats a newer shell that has the line window recessed into the shell much like the touch tone were. A great feature if you ask me, im surprised it took them so long to do that. The collar thing was ok on Rotary sets, but they fall off and get broken easy, then finding another is not an easy thing to do these days.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, Thats the problem.... RED is a sharp color! and Popular! Even the regular 500's in red fetch a price. I put my hat into the ring, so lets see just who wants it worse... I hate waiting! they should have just listed it as buy it now....  Then it would be over...
John

Key2871

I wanted a RED 2565 in the worse way, never could afford one on the bay, until i came across a shell with handset buy it now.. Boom gone in a heart beat, i snatched it up and waited about four days to get it. Replaced a beige housing with the red. Wala I had my red 2565-HKM.
But that never happened again ever.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, I know what you mean.... this one is getting some attention.... now up to $76.00 and climbing!
John

Key2871

They are still very popular... Good luck
KEN

Babybearjs

;D I WON IT!!!!!! Oh joy! after over 12 years of waiting! I FINALLY Have a RED 564! YEH!!!!!
John

Western Bell

$90 US including shipping costs and fees

Babybearjs

My High Bid was for $100.00 THANK YOU to all the guys and gals who HELD BACK from buying it... now I finally have a RED phone!
John

19and41

Be sure and put up some nice pictures.  Those are the best I get from these special units.  Congratulations!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke