"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My 555 Switchboard Restoration Album.

Started by trainman, June 14, 2017, 07:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: Alex G. Bell on June 20, 2017, 02:25:13 PM
It does not go away here and there is no way to dismiss it.  This is far from the first time I've tried to access a FB page and gotten this result over a number of years on different PCs and Macs with different browsers and different browser versions. 

Clicking either JOIN or LOG IN changes the page appropriately to one or the other, again with no way to dismiss or bypass filling in all fields.

So there is no "issue" here.  This is the way FB works because they want to force you to join.  You are a member therefore it may treat you differently whether logged in or not due to cookies it has set on your PC. 

I see no need to frustrate myself over this either.  It's just not very important to me.  If you want to share your 555 info you need to figure out how to put it up on CRPF where non-FB members can get to it.

GM NOTE:  Facebook images printed into a pdf file and attached to the first post

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18333.msg188599#msg188599

Took about 15 minutes to create this file. Some text was lost to the right of the images due to automatic cropping of the way Facebook presents the text, in a box on the right and not at the bottom. A screen capture of each page would retain the text but that process would have taken close to an hour to do so was abandoned.

TelePlay

Received a request to try and add all of the text to the pdf file images.

Explored a few other ways to do this and found one which met that request but took about 50 minutes of my time, from figuring out how to best do this, convert the Facebook images to a pdf file. It took another 45 minutes of trial and error to find the best method.

I do these types of requests once to learn how to do it, how it can be done. Once is the key work. It is not my responsibility to do the personal work of individual members by simply posting images directly to the forum, to not use external image hosting sites.

If anyone wants to know how this was done, PM me and I'll send step by step instructions.

The updated pdf images with full text are posted as a pdf attachment to the first post of this topic.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18333.msg188599#msg188599

rubey

Nice job on the restoration!!! How long did it take? I would like to do the same, break it down and build mine back up. What kind of experience will it take? I do not have a background in switches. I just retired from an aerospace company but I like to tinker with my 555. I would like to get it operational again.

Ruben
Seattle