News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT/Kellogg 1500?

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, April 21, 2014, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I've seen many Western Electric 1500s and other ten-buttons, but this is the first time I've seen an ITT/Kellogg version. I got this for $49, seemed like a pretty good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111332370385
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dave F

Christian,

ITT 1500s are much rarer than WEs.  If this set is ITT all the way through (not merely an ITT case on a WE phone) then you've got a winner at a great price.  Maybe you could show us a picture of the dial with the housing removed.

Congrats,

Dave F.

paul-f

Very nice, Christian.

What is the logo pressed into the handset handle?  Same as on the housing?

Some had a globe design behind the ITT letters.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

WEBellSystemChristian

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted anything for the past week or so. I was busy cleaning my room for a party (yes, my room-museum was in full swing that day ;D), and I haven't gotten around to posting since then. It's a little late right now to take pictures, but I would just like to say that my ITT 1500 is completely original, and it's even labeled 1500 on the chassis, with non-WE style stampings. It's extremely clean, and only needed a little polish before it was displayed on my 1500 shelf (now my earliest ten-button)!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Mr. Bones

Christian,

Very nice and desirable find! Congratulations! Glad to see you back, hope the party wasn't too hard on you! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus