News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I have a Kellogg 1000 Redbar, and a AE 40 Monophone both with same dial.

Started by Dan/Panther, October 27, 2008, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Now my question is, how do you change or install a dial card.
In order to get the dial card ring out, you must first move a lever from the number 5 finger hole to the number 6 finger hole position, then the entire ring lifts out. Then reverse the procedure to reinstall the dial card ring. Only problem is that the lever in UNDER the dial card, and you can't get at it because the dial card is covering it.
The only way to unlock, or lock the ring into place, is by inserting a small flat blade screwwdriver between the dial card and the dial ring, and push the catch blindly. You have no way to tell if the ring is indeed locked into it's stop, and you run a risk of scratching the dial ring or damaging the dial card or celluloid protector.
How do you do it ????

I've seen some "catch 22" spots before, but this one takes it...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

I was able to put a small screwdriver under the plastic covering and the dial card at the 9 oclock position and move it up to 11 oclock to lock it. I practiced first with the plastic and dial card out to get a feel for the latch, then when it was hidden, I still could do it. It can be done with practice
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Dan;

Welcome.
I think maybe this is the way it's done, just extremely stupid idea.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson