"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Sellers Dream $305 So Far!!

Started by Doug Rose, January 10, 2017, 06:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 11, 2017, 03:46:58 PM
That image needs a "Selfie Stick" in it!

Okay,

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 11, 2017, 03:46:58 PM
That image needs a "Selfie Stick" in it!

Terry

Being a baby boomer, I would have to get a millennial to show me what a "Selfie Stick" is. LOL

andre_janew

Autonut, I never mentioned them by name.  I did, however, suspect it wasn't baby boomers.  Now I wounder if millennials would pay that much for one of my phones . . . .

Quote from: andre_janew on January 11, 2017, 04:49:53 PM
Autonut, I never mentioned them by name.  I did, however, suspect it wasn't baby boomers.  Now I wounder if millennials would pay that much for one of my phones . . . .

You could always try. I'm sure your phones are much nicer than that one! Maybe us Baby Boomers could get into a bidding war for one of your phones. Then a 0 feedback millennial could come in and snipe us. ;)

twocvbloke

Being someone who seems to be in that "millennial" category but absolutely denies it, I still call those "selfie sticks" by their proper name, Monopods, 'cos they're like a tripod, but with one leg...  ;D

AE_Collector

About three years ago we finally made it back to Hawaii and Wakiki beach after many years. Promptly was run into (literally) by someone walking on the beach taking videos of himself with phone and selfi stick. Figured I was probably had less chance of being hit by a driver on his phone while I crossed the street!

Terry

mariepr

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 11, 2017, 12:54:36 AM
Well, it SOLD for $305! To the guy with the ZERO Feedback :)

Terry

Don't be surprised if the "winner" will "forget" to pay.  Buyer non-payment wipes out ebay fees and gets a relisting.  I suspected that this happened when I lost an auction by $1.  Same item was re-listed a week later.  The seller probably didn't get his price but did not want to run a Reserve. 

Doug Rose

Marie....welcome back!  Always good to hear from you, I thought I saw a ringer box from you on eBay this week......good to have you back....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Well, if anything, that "suspicious" auction shook a real AT&T phone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-EMERGENCY-WALL-MOUNT-ROTARY-AT-T-TELEPHONE-NO-DIAL-BATMAN-INSPIRED-PHONE/132061500660

free from storage. Starting at $50 with no reserve and even though the red lamp has not been installed, it looks like a better phone. Should be interesting to watch this auction to see if the loser bidder of the ITT phone get into this auction by placing a bid, or two . . .  ;)

Description of the AT&T phone is very similar to the high selling ITT, my thought on the first shaking the second loose.

mariepr

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 12, 2017, 05:52:29 PM
Marie....welcome back!  Always good to hear from you, I thought I saw a ringer box from you on eBay this week......good to have you back....Doug

Thanks - it's mine but the market for these gets smaller as more people move to VOIP services that don't support pulse dialing and/or mechanical ringers.  (Only enthusiasts like ourselves will bother installing a ringing voltage booster.)  And some have literally cut the cord by entirely removing their land lines. 

TelePlay

Ah, high sale price on the questionable sale and yet another one hits eBay. The seller of the AT&T "Emergency" phone above also has an ITT phone but thinks it's worth more than the AT&T so started it at $99 with a BIN of $299. Same listing title as the "questionable" phone listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-RED-Wall-Mount-Rotary-ITT-Telephone-No-Dial-Batman-Inspired-Phone-/291999883294

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 10, 2017, 06:01:22 PM
Every Buyer has zero feedback

http://tinyurl.com/jcrmxg7

Update:  It's been 11 days since this sold and neither the seller nor the buyer have sent/received feedback. Buyer feedback is still "0" and seller has not received feedback from the buyer for the phone.

Yes, people don't leave feed back either way on sales so just saying, did it ship?

andre_janew

The one in Reply #25 hasn't sold because nobody put a bid on it.  It didn't get bid on because a similar phone with a dial has a $70 price on it.