News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I haven't been here for a while.

Started by Stephen Furley, January 06, 2010, 03:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Furley

I haven't been here for a while; I'm still around, but was very busy for about three weeks before Christmas, and then ill with some flu type bug until last weekend, then busy again catching up.

I've done a bit of polishing on my repaired Kellogg, but nothing interesting to report.

Not likely to be buying anything new for a while, but hope to get some more of my existing collection into a respectable state this year.

Weather here is terrible at the moment.

Happy new year to all.

Stephen.

Dan/Panther

Good to hear from you again.
Happy New year.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

dsk

Good to see you again.
I wish you a helty, happy new year.

dsk

AET

Glad to see you're still alive and well.  Hope the holidays saw you well.
- Tom

McHeath

Yeah we noted your absence, glad to "see" you again.

I hear that the cold in London is pretty bad right now.

Bill Cahill

Welcome back. We missed you.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

ntophones

Stephen, you were here when I joined this wonderful forum...I'm glad you are back. It makes the forum more complete.
--nto

HobieSport

I'm glad that you're back too, Stephen. It's always good to hear about phones from the other side of the pond.
-Matt

Stephen Furley

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on January 07, 2010, 04:03:08 AM
Glad to see you're still alive and well.  Hope the holidays saw you well.

I had some sort of 'Flu type bug over Christmas and New Year, and was still feeling pretty grim when I got back to work.  Better now.

The worst of the weather seems to have gone, it's been either raining, snowing or very cold every day for about a month.  Not a great deal of snow on the ground, but seemed to cause a lot of disruption for some reason.  I've been polishing my white AE-80 and black SC-1542 today, they're looking better now.  I don't know if it made the news over there, but we had some very bad flooding up North just before Christmas, around Workington, Cockermouth and Penrith.  Several bridge were washed away in Workington, only the railway bridge remained.  Seemed bad at the time, but when you look at what's happened in Haiti it seems very minor in comparison.

I keep one old 'phone on my desk at work, alongside the Mitel 5212 IP 'phone.  At the moment the Kellogg 1000 'Clearbar' is there, but I think I'll swap it for something else this week, possibly the dark red  Statesman which is one of my favourite 'phones; I can then do some more work on the Kellogg.  I tend to swap them around every three weeks or so.

Phonesrfun

Stephen:

Great that you have all those phones on your desk at work.

I have heard of lots of bad weather in England.  I hope you get through it ok, and I am glad to hear you got over the flu bug, and are back to polishing your phones!

-Bill
-Bill G

McHeath

Yes we've heard about the flooding in England and the severity of the cold weather.  We are supposed to have a solid week of rain, which is very rare for here as we only get about 12 inches all year.

I also tend to swap the old phones around every so often.  At home the kitchen wall phone is rotated every weekend, and the desk phone every couple of weeks or so.  At work I've been using the work supplied Cortelco 2500 on my desk since I got there, but have a Western Electric Snoopy rotary there as well. 

Your "Clearbar" is a very interesting phone, I've never seen the like here.