and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - October 2015

Started by AE_Collector, September 29, 2015, 09:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - October 2015

Andre_janew's black Western Electric 1554 wall phone $37 plus $16.20 shipping
2 (6.5%)
zapper's 1955 Mahogany Brown Western Electric 500 on eBay for 25.99+$18.18 Shipping
11 (35.5%)
WEBellSystemChristian's WE B1 with original 2HA dial that He found on eBay for $99
7 (22.6%)
LarryInMichigan's relatively rare 6/55 WE 532 that cost him a total of $15 at a flea market
8 (25.8%)
Autonut's 1979 Telkom Trading Corporation T-150 Made in Poland aquired for free
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

andre_janew

I'd like to nominate my black Western Electric 1554 wall phone.  I paid $37 plus $16.20 shipping for it.  It can also be found here:

www.ebay.com/itm/181873834414

zapper

I will nominate my 1955 Mahogany Brown Western Electric telephone, purchased on E Bay for 25.99+$18.18 Shipping
eBay item number:401014168572
Zapper

Doug Rose

Picture for the archives......Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

I'll nominate my WE B1 that I found on eBay for $99. It has an original 2HA dial, great paint, original nickel dial card retainer and card, and a fully seamless handset!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15065.0
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Very nice Christian...very nice...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate LarryInMichigan's relatively rare 6/55 WE 532 that cost him a total of $15 at a flea market.

Not only is it complete from the original 4 prong line plug to the intact volume control, but also the base exterior is in great shape being rust and mark free including very good condition leather feet. On top of that, the insides look NOS other than a very light coating of dust on just a few parts. Other than the missing number card holder, this phone looks complete and original.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15109.0

It will be interesting to see what this phone looks like cleaned, polished and with a number card in place.

I have a late entry for consideration. It is a 1979 Telkom Trading Corporation T- 150 Made in Poland. I picked this phone up last weekend from fellow member Jeff Lamb / Ktownphoneco. He gave it to me. So no cost for this phone.

AE_Collector

Okay, time to vote for the October 2015 Find of the Month. I figured that everyone is going to be out Trick or Treating tonight so there wont be any more contestants coming in so lets start the voting!

Just one vote this month and 5 contestants. Good luck everyone!

Terry

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

Yes I guess I forgot about the possibility of getting a phone in the Trick or Treat candy bag!

Terry

AE_Collector

Looks like the time on the poll has expired while I continue to cruise the high seas.

Zapper's 1955 Mahogany Brown Western Electric 500 has taken the first place ribbon this month though he had some competition. Congratulations zapper and to all of the other Find of the Month contestants. And thanks to everyone who voted as well.

Terry