News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My "baby" : Siemens & Halske telephone, made in Berlin, may 1931. Still works!

Started by Lacky30, June 08, 2017, 01:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacky30

This is my Siemens & Halske telephone, made in Berlin, may 1931. Still works!  ;D

mentalstampede

My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

unbeldi

That looks like a nice example of the W28.
I know Siemens shipped these all over Europe and they were also made under license by other prominent manufacturers.  Was yours installed in Yugoslavia?  I see the three-prong plug which is not original of course.

I see the type code, but not a manufacturing code.    Is it in fact marked 11 M 5, or 1 M 5 ?.  Or did you determine the year from the component labeling?

Lacky30

I really do not know, but I know this type of Siemens did not made in Yugoslavia. One my  friend, who knows a lot about telephones, told me that numbers BM5 on telephones means that B means made in Berlin, M means year of manufactured-1931, and 5-month of may... Maybe he wrongs, but he is also collector like you...

unbeldi

Quote from: Lacky30 on June 09, 2017, 01:40:42 AM
I really do not know, but I know this type of Siemens did not made in Yugoslavia. One my  friend, who knows a lot about telephones, told me that numbers BM5 on telephones means that B means made in Berlin, M means year of manufactured-1931, and 5-month of may... Maybe he wrongs, but he is also collector like you...

Ah, yes.  B in another code for Berlin. So that's right.
I can see the manufacturing code now, I had to adjust the image brightness and contrast.