News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is your "Holy Grail"?

Started by Phonesrfun, November 23, 2009, 12:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

my favorite recipes are in a book called "MENU" ::)
donna

rp2813

Well, now that I know there is such a thing, and discounting the most holy of all grails, the elusive '49 500, which is a given for quite a number of us here, I'd love to get my hands on a 5302 with GF handset.

D/P, you may have to compromise with a 5302 that has '49 guts, as you could be in for a seriously long wait for a 500 with any date at all from '49.
Ralph

Jim Stettler

I like clear telephones so any or all of the following would do:
(In no particular order):
Clear 10 and/or 12 button princess
Clear AE 40/50/ 34 (Preferably the crystal clear 34, but the more common greenish translucent would do.
Clear 5302
Clear keysets
Clear buttsets
Clear E,F,G handsets and spare clear housings.
Clear 554 preferably WE but SC would do
Clear 1554 or 2554
clear handsets and housings
Just about any older clear telephone (even incompleate or  poor condition)

Some  unofficial swirl telephones would also make me happy.

Jim S.

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HobieSport

I'd like a gift certificate to Old Phone Works so I can afford to get parts to refurbish all my darn phones! :D
-Matt

foots

Quote from: HobieSport on December 20, 2009, 12:02:50 AM
I'd like a gift certificate to Old Phone Works so I can afford to get parts to refurbish all my darn phones! :D

I'm in agreement with Matt, I really need to get to work on some of the phones I have and a gift certificate would be more than welcome.  ;D  ;D
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

HobieSport

And a small band of elves well versed in electronics on an assembly line wouldn't hurt either... ;)
-Matt

JorgeAmely

Jorge

AET

Ahh would it be nice to get that gift certificate and TIME!!!  I need time to work on my phones!!!
- Tom

Jim Stettler

Jorge,
I prefer the originals vs the recreations. Below are some quick photos I took. The photo quality is poor.
The greenswirl princess is actually a marble phone w/SC guts. The trimlines are SC Slenderettes.
The last photo shows the 4 official swirl colors. The phone on the left is a modern swirl with a swirled base.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

JorgeAmely

Jim:
Thanks for the nice pictures. I learned something new today!
Jorge

AET

I've never seen one of these before!!
- Tom

Greg G.

Here's a phone I recently discovered and really like.  I'm on a hunt now.  Normally I shy away from phones that have been painted something other than the original color, but this one appears to have been done very well.  It didn't sell and was out of my budget range.  I like the art deco look of it.  It's a SC 1211 I believe.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

Indeed it is an SC 1211, and a very cool phone!

Dare I actually say "art deco"?

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/1211-with-dial.html

Too bad someone painted it, but it still looks great.

They have some design similarities to the Kellogg 9917.

http://www.telephonearchive.com/phones/kg/kg9917.html

But in the cool deco-esque wall phone department, personally I'll probably just have to stick with the common AE 50 for affordability.

http://www.telephonearchive.com/phones/ae/ae50.html

But hey, ya never know what you might find. Good luck in your hunt for a 1211! 8)
-Matt

bwanna

i like the SC1211 also, greg. maybe santa will bring each of us one ;)
donna

Tonyrotary

Briny, it may be painted but wow! In fact I think I like the fact it is painted, looks cool! I agree with Hobie though, I don't want that "evil Santa bringing me one...lol.