News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Aucution featuring telephones in Illinois

Started by Phonesrfun, May 10, 2011, 04:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Here is something that was posted on the TCI listserve by Russ Cowell that may be of interest if anyone is in the area.  Also. it looks like they take bids on-line.

As is indicated in the post, TCI received a request to put this in the newsletter which won't come out until two days after the auction.

-Bill
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Everyone!

The TCI Journal, Singing Wires, received an ad to be published in the May edition.  However, the ad was for an auction to be held on Friday, May 13, before the Journal is delivered.

Transcribed below is information from the ad for those of you who may be able to attend in person or online:

Public Auction of Antiques, Abraham Lincoln Collectibles and Antique Telephones

Friday, May 13, 2011, at 6:00 p.m. CDT

Tallgrass Prairie Auction Facility
18328 State Highway 97
Petersburg, Illinois  62675

Kellogg, American Bell and Western Electric Telephones and Parts

Bid Live or Online

www.tallgrassprairie.com
-Bill G

HarrySmith

Already registered and put in a few bids! I put in low opening bids so I probably won't win any but I figure it is worth a shot, regstering and bidding is free!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

I noticed some phones went for pretty cheap.  Did anyone here get one?
Dave

Wallphone

I didn't bid on any but you are right, they did seem to go for reasonable prices. Here is a link to the completed auction. < http://bit.ly/mTk3Gu > There sure was a lot of wood there.
Doug Pav