News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wonderful WE H13 Not Mine on eBay

Started by Doug Rose, August 10, 2014, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is my favorite 302 variant. Great phone, one of the few I display with the handset off.....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/oehzdkx
Kidphone

unbeldi

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 10, 2014, 07:26:09 AM
This is my favorite 302 variant. Great phone, one of the few I display with the handset off.....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/oehzdkx

Does yours have a Lucite finger wheel too?

Doug Rose

Karl....mine has  metal finger wheel.. Pardon the pic, its from 2006 ATCA Archives....Doug

Kidphone

unbeldi

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 10, 2014, 09:33:02 AM
Karl....mine has  metal finger wheel.. Pardon the pic, its from 2006 ATCA Archives....Doug
Good. I thought that's the way it should be.

unbeldi

oh gee... amazing what a clear plastic wheel can cost....

Doug Rose

WOW!!! I paid $20 for mine on eBay years ago, bad picture with handset in cradle....WOW#!!!!....Doug
Kidphone

zaphod01

Wife passed away and I've been away from the phones for three years or so. Just now opening boxes received in 2016. This H13 was in one of those boxes. Fully date matched from 1950. Body dated 6-16-50. Let me know if there is any interest in this. I'm going to start selling off some candlesticks and ringer boxes. 20-B, 20-S, 20PC, 51AL (2AX dial), etc. OST receiver. Lots of bell boxes. I'll be listing it all in the For Sale section.
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

tom128

I'm with Doug, this is one of my favorite 302 variations. I took some scrap Lexan and using a heat gun and a junk F1 formed a cradle lift for mine. I used a couple of pieces of small sticky "snot" tape so it couldn't slide. Then I made another variation for my 1942 red 302 because I really wanted to show off the solid red plungers. Similar idea to the other but it works. Lexan is cheap from a place like Home Depot.

Scott

Cool way to display your phones.

Scott K.

Doug Rose

Really nice design to show off the 302s. If you sell the H13 holder, I would be a customer.....Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

Quote from: tom128 on January 12, 2020, 06:44:33 PM
....I took some scrap Lexan and using a heat gun and a junk F1 formed a cradle lift for mine. I used a couple of pieces of small sticky "snot" tape so it couldn't slide. Then I made another variation for my 1942 red 302....

Those are a nice display idea. How did you stop the red handset from falling at that angle?

The Lexan and sticky tape you mention I am not familiar with. Would you start a thread detailing exactly how you made these? Saying which tools are needed, jigs, method etc?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jack Ryan

Can anyone provide a link to the eBay sale?

Thanks
Jack

FABphones

Quote from: Jack Ryan on January 13, 2020, 12:36:15 AM
Can anyone provide a link to the eBay sale?

Thanks
Jack

Thread is over 5 years old so the eBay listing will have long gone.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jack Ryan

Quote from: FABphones on January 13, 2020, 06:48:35 AM
Thread is over 5 years old so the eBay listing will have long gone.

Sorry, the recent posts were from today. I didn't realise the thread was resurrected.

Jack

HarrySmith

I have one of these but the cradle is not lettered. I have not removed the case yet. I need to see if it is marked H 13. I am guessing probably not. Case was probably swapped before I got it. Any body got an extra case?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"