News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Type 67 2-Box Antique Telephone - In need of full restoration

Started by Sargeguy, March 26, 2018, 11:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I also rehabilitated the ringer.  I used the fishcloth from another ringer, and I turned it around so it looked brand new. This is not the correct ringer for this box. The correct ringer (No. 1515-A) has a small piece of spring steel attached to the armature that prevents bell tap instead of the more commonplace bias spring.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

RotarDad

Greg - You do great work!  I really like your end result - clean, repaired, fully functional, but the aged look and feel remains.  Thanks for the pics and supporting explanations of your process.  You could certainly restore museum pieces - maybe that's where much of your work will ultimately end up.....😎
Paul

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

A fellow collector pointed out to me at Lancaster that my backboard had not been modified for a #5 arm.   The arm was added later but the necessary holes were not drilled.  He strongly suggested that I convert it to a Blake transmitter, and put the TYPE 67 on another backboard already configured to accept a #5. Of course I had to change the top box as well and add a long pole receiver.-++
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Sargeguy on June 14, 2018, 07:28:19 PM
A fellow collector pointed out to me at Lancaster that my backboard had not been modified for a #5 arm.   The arm was added later but the necessary holes were not drilled.  He strongly suggested that I convert it to a Blake transmitter, and put the TYPE 67 on another backboard already configured to accept a #5. Of course I had to change the top box as well and add a long pole receiver.-++
That is a very sweet telephone,
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

That is one beautiful job.  Until I saw that transmitter box, I had no idea that Emile Berliner had invented more than the disc audio record.  I learn something new every day!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Nick in Manitou

Sargeguy

Bought a new parts phone for the TYPE 67
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409