News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Station Busy Lamp

Started by Babybearjs, January 26, 2016, 11:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I just wanted to ask..... I added a station busy lamp to my 2564 to be used as a pilot light (On-24/7) and wanted to ask about the plastic longevity and heat damage.... the bulb is burning at full potiential and I just wanted to ask about the heat damage possibility.... I'm using a 52A lamp as apposed to a 51A lamp, and its on the BATT C leg of my system (18-24VAC) has anyone ever experienced heat damage from using a pilot light on a telephone?
John

andre_janew

A pilot light on a telephone?  I never knew they had such a thing!  Next thing you know, you'll be telling me it runs on propane or natural gas!

Phonesrfun

Pilot light has two definitions.  One, of course is a small continuous flame in a gas furnace or appliance to light the main burner so one doesn't have to use a match.

In times gone by, radios and other electronics devices had a light that indicated the device was turned on.  It was often referred to as a pilot light.

Having said that, I too am wondering why one would need a pilot light on a phone.

-Bill G

Babybearjs

well, bill.... the reason being is so if the light ever goes out.... it could mean 1. a blown fuse, 2. a power failure, or 3. the light burnt out.... My reason... #1. just so I know all is working.
John

podor

Are you talking about illuminating a key or hold button? If it would be the normal 10v bulb, I would say it would be ok. Otherwise, I would say no. Maybe a simple LED at the KSU?