News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

German phone in America

Started by Atari1977, February 21, 2016, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Thank you, then I guess I have an original state modell 36 made in 1938, and actually used (rarely) until the 1970 ies. It is rusty because it was close to a river in a hydro-powered grain mill.

dsk

Matilo Telephones

That is interesting. Dag. No sounding holes.
Does it have a ringer?

What dial does yours have? Is it Original?

More pics?

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

dsk

I did try to take some more pictures, stored here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/dsk/Siemens%20modell%2036/  ( dead link 11/10/17 )

This symbol in the mold tells me nothing, but I will refer to it just as symbol when I tell about text from parts, I do not refer text easily read in the pictures.

The receiver has this printed: Fg.tph.10a2 (dot)x27(omega)(dot)2x900 Wdg (dot) 0,13 CuL  BT6
I understand parts of this to be 2 coils of 900 turns each with 0.13mm Copper wire with resistance of 27 ohms pr coil.

The transmitter capsule has the Siemens logo  Fg T(??)184 ZB  BT1
(??) = not readable  ZB = CB

The handset has e molded mark with a red stamp on top.
Stamp: BT6 omph 24b  Molded: 12000-2(dot) Fg.mph.24T22 and the Siemens logo and the symbol with 34 on the upper half and a laying S on the lower.

The dial has markings in the metal: Sa.sch.179a
Siemens logo and 84714 N30             S11        F8

The case it selves has molded text.  Fg.tist. 166 Tz. 1,2        129/33a    the symbol with number 43 on top half, and a laying S on the lower.   then the Siemens logo

dsk

Matilo Telephones

Nice, yours has the older N30 dial.

And yours seems to have the earlier version of the handset too. It has a slightly longer "neck" near the transmitter end, see picture below for comparison.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

unbeldi

Quote from: dsk on February 26, 2016, 03:19:35 PM

This symbol in the mold tells me nothing, but I will refer to it just as symbol when I tell about text from parts, I do not refer text easily read in the pictures.

the symbol with number 43 on top half, and a laying S on the lower.   then the Siemens logo

dsk

The funny symbol is from the German system of material testing institutes, MPAD.

Is it 43 or 34?  I am thinking 34, because  that is Siemens-Schuckert, and I have seen Bakelite from them before.  It was a subsidiary of Siemens & Halske.

The "S" (side-ways)  indicates the type of material, in this case  phenol resin with wood flower filler, i.e. Bakelite.  This also had the alternate symbol "31".

Here is an example of the symbol from one of my phones, coded 34 and 31.

dsk

The telephone housing has 43. but the handset has 34. I have triple checked.
dsk

unbeldi

That's interesting.

43 is the company founded by Alfred Nobel, the founder of the Nobel Prize.  The symbol is linked to a division of Dynamit AG, "Zelluloidfabrik" in Troisdorf, Germany.

Atari1977

I received the phone today and it's in great shape! Does anyone have any experience installing a pulse to tone converter into one of these phones? My network back home recently switched over to tone dialing only but I'd like to be able to dial out with it.

dsk

I have tested Dialgizmo, and for the digits 1-0 it works well. # and * etc no!
As many has expressed in other threads, a Pansonic  KXT 308 or 616 are great.
For the moment I use an older exchange who not understand touch tones at all.

dsk