News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TCI Library News

Started by G-Man, March 18, 2012, 09:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

I believe this is considerable interest to the members of the Classic Rotary Phones Forum so I am taking the liberty of posting Paul Fassbender's announcement here and perhaps Paul can comment further on it:

Just a month after reaching 5,000 documents, the Library more than doubled in size!

The documents are freely available to all telephone collectors, historians and general web browsers.

Also note a new feature - the "Past Auctions" link on the Main Menu.  Our first addition is an archive of the great photos and prices realized from the first Bill Daniels auction.

TCI Members can read some highlights of the programs we implemented to pull off the quick growth in the March Singing Wires Journal.

Many thanks to the document contributors, volunteers helping us organize and reformat files and administrators for going above and beyond the call of duty during this hectic month.

We now have 7,936 BSPs on-line and thousands of other documents as shown here:

http://doc.telephonecollectors.info/inbox/TCI_Library_Statistics_2012mar12_SW_BP.pdf

We're planning to take time to weed out some redundancies, add more search keywords (especially to the non-BSP files) and improve ease of use.  This is a work in progress and all library users can help.  Please send us any suggestions for document title and keyword changes using the FEEDBACK link on the Library's menu.

Our creative minds keep producing more opportunities than we have the time to execute.  Please help!

More documents and volunteers are always welcome.

Thanks for your support.

The TCI Library Staff
http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

G-Man

Quote from: G-Man on March 18, 2012, 09:48:23 PM
I believe this is considerable interest to the members of the Classic Rotary Phones Forum so I am taking the liberty of posting Paul Fassbender's announcement here and perhaps Paul can comment further on it:

Of course right after I posted this I see where Paul has already posted his announcement! Sorry for the duplication!