News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

To trade or not to trade.

Started by sebbel, April 09, 2012, 07:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

I'm starting to have a fairly decent phone collection. At least for me. :) One other thing I feel I'm now missing is a nice phone sign. Anything authentic I see is way too expensive for what I can pay,. A good example is the one below which I went to see today.

http://tinyurl.com/6va2wct

The only deal I managed to agree one for this one is a trade for my chrome NE233QF pay phone. I have 2 payphone so i wouldn't really mind plus I got the pay phone for a good price.

What do you guys thing is a fair price for a sign like that?

Seb.

canuckphoneguy

That would be too expensive for me. I've seen telephone signs for quite a bit less on Ebay.

You sound like I do - I'm thinking of investing in a sign next, now that my phone collection is around 20 or so  :P

Do you have any pictures of your collection?

Nilsog

I picked this up on ebay for $85 (They wanted 100 but had the offer option and they accepted). Had to have it since I live in New England, I think I really lucked out though.

EDIT: Its double sided as well.
Ken

Signguy

In my humble opinion NEVER trade for something that has damage.

That sign is not a hard one to find and usually  brings no more then $100 in excellent condition. In that condition we are talking $30-$50, if that.

Cheers..... Ell

Sargeguy

Nilsog I think that sign is a reproduction
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Nilsog

What might make you think that?
Ken

Signguy

Nilsog....Your sign is indeed a new reproduction. The auction house that had them first tried to sell them for a few hundred dollors but got no takers.

Now on the up-side.... They are very well done and had to cost at least what you paid for it to have them made. I have collected BS signs for over 40 years and was VERY tempted to buy one even though I knew they were new. New or old they are great to compliment a collection of telephone related items.

Personally I think you made a wise buy. Enjoy.

Cheers.... Ell

Nilsog

That hurts. I thought for sure it was real, never thought someone would make such a nice reproduction.
Ken

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Nilsog

Well, live and learn. It is a nice sign, but I feel duped.
Ken

canuckphoneguy

Quote from: Sargeguy on April 09, 2012, 10:46:49 PM
The typeface is modern

You're right about the typeface - looks like Arial all caps. I don't know why they would not use a more realistic typeface instead of a regular and modern one.