News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Very early Trimphone from Wimbledon Boot Sale.

Started by migette, November 17, 2013, 05:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

migette

Hi have just picked up 2 teles 712 which was the original trimphone before it was cheapened and would need holding while dialing and in my opinion a very poor example. The early ones used bits from the 700 range and were well made and I believe scarce now. The handset was no 8 and had the screw in a different place but my one does NOT have any screws which is my question does any one have info on this as it is a different HS. The phone is 66 LAU 60AAB. Looks like this was a non GPO operated phone possibly on a private system. but did show 999 services on the dial but not the standard  label. Thanks in advance.

GeneGenie

That's very unusual, without the screws how are you meant to get to inside to change the parts if something goes wrong? Very odd. Never came across something like that, although I haven't come across many 712s either to be fair. Can we have some pics? I'd love to see them!

JubileeCompact

NICE FIND!!
It sounds like a field trial set- these were never intended to be repaired so were made in a different way to production examples.
You really should post pics of this -I'm very green at the mo.........
Seamus
Seamus

JubileeCompact

Actually it sounds like it's a prototype...... one VERY VERY rare phone....... click on the link on this page....
http://www.britishtelephones.com/t712.htm
Seamus

Matilo Telephones

Pics!! That sounds like a great unusual find. Find of the month material?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Contempra

Surely unusual find but if we could have some pictures from your " teles " We could see what they look like. Simple suggestion.. ;)

migette

Further info on LAU 60AAB trimphone, been bringing the phone collection up- to-date and pics put on Flickr, I have included pics of this old phone showing internals as well, could be a prototype by STC and could of become Mark 1 712L....so many questions....did it need a battery for the tone ringer? There maybe a way to put a link to Flickr but don't know how to do that. My name on Flickr is migette2   thanks

andy1702

Quote from: migette on January 19, 2017, 08:06:24 AM
Further info on LAU 60AAB trimphone, been bringing the phone collection up- to-date and pics put on Flickr, I have included pics of this old phone showing internals as well, could be a prototype by STC and could of become Mark 1 712L....so many questions....did it need a battery for the tone ringer? There maybe a way to put a link to Flickr but don't know how to do that. My name on Flickr is migette2   thanks

I just did a Flickr search and can't find you. Just type the full address of your Flickr page in here.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

migette

Hi Andy, I am not too good at using PCs but if you Google migette2 flickr that should do the trick, in the meantime I will try and sort out how to get a link to Flickr, hope this works OK.

TelePlay

Yes, I did  Google search for "migette2 flickr" and the top hit was the link to your site. Quite an interesting collection of photos from everything from flowers to bulbs (lamp) to radios to phones to other stuff, and even a cat.

Here is the direct link, well worth the time to see some great stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70055341@N07/page1

Those are some very nice looking phones in very great condition, many of them striking, especially this gem which caught my eye . . .

Pourme

That phone must look interesting from the back...I looked, didn't see a pic of the back.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

andy1702

I looked at the Trimphone. So where is the screw that holds the handset together?
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.