"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Show us your first 2019 purchase

Started by FABphones, January 09, 2019, 04:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

~

I traded a typewriter for a (piece of a) WE wood pone while back. It is mostly gutted but makes a attractive display (pic). I want to run across  a perfect donar phone to make it a working modern functioning phone. With this as a back drop I now give you my first phone buy of 2019!

I walked by this 2500 marked AT&T100 on the panel. My first thought was I could use this as a donar phone for that WE wood piece. Upon inspection I see several markdowns along with a space wide 20% off...I bought it for $5.60 plus tax.

It works beautifully, the most modern phone so far. But it's engineered structure doesn't lend it's self to transfer and re use.  I'll clean it up and offer it refuge among it's fore barriers for now.

Purchased for $5.60 my first phone of 2019:
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

magicbrain

My first phone of the year is a AE 34A3A "Easy Lift" version - it was pricey, but I was glad to get it as they don't show up often.

Link to discussion:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14814.0
Bruce

Sargeguy

NOS 1908 New England Telephone & Telegraph 18" flat sign.  Found in a general store basement in 1969.  Shows no signs of ever having been used.  Steel grommets are still shiny.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

dc4code

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 07, 2019, 06:56:19 PM
NOS 1908 New England Telephone & Telegraph 18" flat sign.  Found in a general store basement in 1969.  Shows no signs of ever having been used.  Steel grommets are still shiny.

Wow, I am jealous!