News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My 1950 RCA Victor 16" television Family set replacement.

Started by Bill Cahill, February 16, 2009, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Thanks for the link!! That was the commercial. And,I got one from the Faygo Kid I had mentionned earlier.
I LOVE IT!!!!
"Remember when you were a kid? Well, part of you still is. And, that's why we make Faygo....
Faygo   remembers..
Faygo    remembers........"
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

By the way, I have the radio Demo record with that commercial minus Gildersleeve, and, on the other side, the song that was made with different words in reaction to the popularity of that song.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

Quote from: Bill Cahill on February 22, 2009, 05:47:29 PMWhy, that was none other than the Great Gilcersleeve himself!!!!

We have a winner!  Yep, that's Harold Peary, better known as the Great Gildersleeve, from the golden age of radio.
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

Now, as a prize, why don't you download those two commercials, and, burn 'em onto DVD for me so I can play them on my tv's?
Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

I'm finnishing up moses ' rp now, as we speak. Besides stupid health issues, my variac fell on the floor 3 months ago, and, sustained dammage.
It's repaired now, and, have been working on rp during the day.
When done, I'm putting tv on bench, and, trying it.
Wish me good luck.
Bill Cahill

Ellen

(creaky old man voice)  "Pepperidge Faahhm remembahs!" (old bakery ad)  Whoops!  Here he is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OvOEFFLpYU

Tom, those shows you like were designed for people your age, not people of your era.  So you fit one category, and they are a hit!  Personally, I liked the A Team when they built a tank by hand every week and thousands of bullets flew in all directions and no-one ever died.

But I really have never had a teevee so most of it is over my head.

Bill Cahill

Well, moses' record player is temporarily down while I have to order more parts for it, so, with permission from him, I've put my tv temporarily back up on the bench, and, am getting ready to try it.
Hope I have better luck with it this time. I'll keep you posted.
This tv has had many problems.....
Bill Cahill

AET

Yup, I tell ya.  Them old detective shows are a big hit with me and a couple of my buddies.  We were watching It takes a Theif, Mike Hammer, and my favorite, Dragnet the past few days.  They're still better than most of the shows on today!
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Well, my replacement I F transformer arrived two days ago. Thanks much, DP.
I hope to start installation soon.

Another reason to get it playing soon.
My sis in NY told me on the phone last night that she hopes to come visiting later this year, and, would like to see it playing in the cabinet.
Wish me good luck, guys.
This tv has been a dog to repair.
Bill Cahill
I'll prove it...
Owner to tv: How are you feeling today, RCA?
TV  Ruff.
How well were you built?
Ruff.
How do you think things are going?
Ruff.

See what I mean?
Just a little humor there.....  ;D

bingster

Can't have been built as ruff as a Muntz.  You'd need all kindsa prayers if you had one of those.
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

Well, I've got the latest repairs done on set. I'll be trying it today.
Wish me good luck.
Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

Well, it's finally nearly finnished... And, it plays. I have picture, and, sound. I have some tweaking to do, then, I can put it back together.
Here's a pix of it playing on the bench.
Bill Cahill  ;D

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

That's gotta be a great feeling.  It's one thing to bring a radio back from the dead, but to get a picture when you had only raster--or worse, nothing--that's something else.  Good job, Bill. :)
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Bill, what you've done with that TV amazes me.  I don't know anything about working on TV's and radios, but I do not it isn't easy.  Congratulations on your family television set.  You should be proud!