News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My 1950 RCA Victor 16" television Family set replacement.

Started by Bill Cahill, February 16, 2009, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

foots

You should be proud, now I'm wanting a TV too in addition to a steam iron, toaster, radio, and another adding machine.  >:(
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Bill Cahill

"Amd, now, Amos 'n Andy."  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Steve

Good stuff!

nice to see all that hard work pay off.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Dan/Panther

Bill;
Congratulations, it doesn't get any better than Amos 'N' Andy.
Of that I am completely convincerated..
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Cool Blatz Commercial after all they're Milwaukees Finest Beer!
- Tom

McHeath

Nice job on this TV, you have really stuck in there with it. 

Bill Cahill

Thanks, guys. It still has some issues, but, it's greatly improved.
I enjoye "The Huckleberry Hound show" on it tonight.
Also, "The Littleest hobo", "Hazel", "Supercar" with marionettes,
and, some other classics, including one very bad  50's copy of "Captain Kangaroo" starring Bob Keeshan.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

The best thing to watch on a vintage TV is Suspense, with all the lights turned down.  Good stuff!  I loved watching that sort of thing on my '50 Motorola before it went on the fritz.
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

Here are a few snapshots of my favorite show last night.

"Kelloggs, the best to you each morning brings you Huckleberry Hound."

Bill Cahill

"Don't let yourself forget. Tune up your tv set for Huckleberry Hound. That oh, so merry, chuckleberry, Huckleberry Hound........
Huckleberry Hound......."
Bill Cahill  ;D

HobieSport

I loved Huckleberry Hound, and I used to watch Captain Kangaroo (with Mr. Greenjeans) every morning over a stiff cup of Ovaltine before a hard day at Kindergarden in 1962. :)

The TV looks great, Bill!
-Matt

McHeath

Huck Hound was fun stuff, and Capt' Kangaroo was my Man back in the day. 

Whenever I show my students anything in black and white they moan and wail like the world is about to end.  They HATE black and white shows, with a passion, and this is something I've found to be true of all the grades and ages I've worked with here in my little area of world for the past decade.  They will watch and enjoy I Love Lucy, after the usual bellyaching about the lack of color, and they especially enjoy when Ricky goes all Spanish on Lucy after one of her antics. 

Bill Cahill

Well, for the last several days, I have been truly enjoying the set.
Tonight I watched it for over 4 hours!
I've been watching old tv shows, cartoons, movies, and, tonight, commercials of the past.
I'm really starting to like this set....  ;D
Bill Cahill

Dan/Panther

I talked to Bill last evening on the phone, and he was watching one of my favorites, "One Step Beyond"....
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson