News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Very Important BSP form 1952

Started by Stan S, November 18, 2016, 04:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan S

Highly technical and informative information.
Stan S.

Ktownphoneco

Thanks Stan !    Somebody at AT&T in 1952 had way tooooo much time on their hands.    Somebody else, should have handed them a set of truck keys, and fist full of work orders.

Jeff Lamb

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Stan S on November 18, 2016, 04:53:09 PM
Highly technical and informative information.
Stan S.

I have always enjoyed that BSP.  A few years ago I gave a copy of that to a teacher friend. She was teaching a unit on writing "Procedures".
Paul's link just expanded my world.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

paul-f

There are several 770- BSPs in the TCI Library.  Detailed indexing is waiting for a volunteer to step forward and expand the document titles and descriptions, so searching for them can best be done by BSP number or using the site Google Search.

Some of the more interesting ones can be found by a basic search for 770-1.

770-120-000 provides info on a renumbering of the 770-1 layer. The chart on page 2 provides a good index and cross-reference to the old and new BSP numbers and descriptions.

Jim Stettler

I think JKL was looking for this BSP. I don't know if they had the #.

770-325-101    KS-19557 Detector (Nuclear Blast)

I think the Lyon's Facility came with a KS-19557 Nuclear Blast detector.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

I always wondered how they did that.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Victor Laszlo

How about the one entitled "Death of an employee on duty" ?  Has anyone seen a copy?

paul-f

Are you talking about a BSP or the generic Interoffice Memo that has been going around companies since at least the 1960s?

There are several variations, including this one:

Company Policy on Death While at Work

INTEROFFICE MEMORANDUM

To: All Personnel
Date: April 1, 1985
Subject: Standard Procedure on Death of an Employee

It has been brought to the attention of the management of this company that many employees have been dying while on duty for no good reason. Furthermore, it also appears that some employees are refusing to fall over after they have died. This, in some cases, has resulted in unearned overtime payments which are not provided for under our employee benefit program.

Effective immediately, this practice must be discontinued!

On and after today, any employee found sitting up after he/she has died will be dropped from the payroll at once, without further investigation. This action is covered by Company Regulation #20 (non-productive labor).

When it can be proven that the employee is being held up by a desk, typewriter, drawing board, telephone, or any other means of support which is the property of the company, a one (1) day period of grace will be granted.

In the event of apparent death, the following procedures will be strictly adhered to:

1.  If, after several hours, it is noted that any employee has not moved or opened at least one eye, the department head will investigate. Because of the highly sensitive nature and/or origin of some employees and because of the close resemblance between death and their normal working attitude, the investigation will be made quietly so as to avoid waking the employee if he/she is asleep (which is, of course, permitted under present union contracts).

2.  If some doubt still exists as to the true condition of the employee, a pay check will be used as the final test. If the employee fails to reach for the check, it is reasonable to assume that death has occurred. Note that in some cases the instinct is so strongly developed that a spastic clutching may occur even after death; do not be misled by this manifestation.

3.  In the event that an employee fails to abandon whatever he/she is doing at coffee break time, no investigation is necessary as this is conclusive proof that rigor mortise has already set in.

AL_as_needed

Well now, turns out I have accidentally been using the "light sweeping" procedure when I really should have been using the "heavy sweeping" procedure for years now....looks like I need to retrain with the lobby dust pan too.... ::)
TWinbrook7