News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Translating text of diagram for Dutch PTT phones...

Started by 302lover, June 28, 2011, 12:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

302lover

I've seen the diagrams for the PTT telephones on the telephonecollectors.info site, which I believe are in either Dutch or German language... Is there a way to translate the text into English to understand the notes provided on those?

It might be beneficial to others who have or are working on a Type 1951 or
1954 telephone.

I know there has been wiring information given on how to wire one, but I'd think being able to read the whole diagram might just come in handy as well.

If there's anyone who can translate the original text on those, I'd like to know, and maybe an English version can be added to the PTT diagrams on the telephonecollectors.info site.

Willytx

I think the 1954 desk phone starts something like this:

Extra Alarm (ringer)
1. In connection box, move yellow wire from terminal b to terminal EW.

2. Extra alarm, connect terminals b EN EW.

Geel = yellow
Klem = terminal
naar = to

I can't find terminal EN on the diagram, it must be in the extra ringer.

Important note, Dutch is not my second language, I base this on a similarity from German. Anyone following my instructions does so at their own risk!

teka-bb

I will make a translation of the text and post them later.
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

GG

One useful rule to keep in mind is: the color codes match between the wires soldered to the rear of the terminals, and the wires screwed down to the terminal screws.

So, from the line cord, you have red, yellow, blue, green: and these match up with screws nearest to the line cord at the left end of the terminal strip (as viewed from the rear).  Then from the handset cord, red, yellow, blue: and these match up with screws nearest the handset cord.  Then from the dial, red, yellow, blue, and these match up with screws at the far end of the terminal strip (the right, as viewed from the rear).   

These arrangements are the same across all three types: Ericsson, Standard Electric, and HEEMAF/Philips.  Also the transmitter and receiver elements are interchangeable across all three brands of handset. 

HEEMAF phones are typically found with German dials: DFG (black bakelite fingerwheel with large plastic hex nut in the center), or Krone (clear plastic fingerwheel with blank black disc in the center, and unusual impulse mechanism in the rear, and governor that keeps spinning for a little while after the dial returns).