News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Adobe Reader and Telephone PDF's

Started by Babybearjs, July 27, 2015, 01:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I went into the TCI library to D/L some files that I needed and when I went to open them, Adobe came back and said the files were damaged beyond repair and they could not be opened... Has anyone had the same experience with Adobe? I'm using the latest release and am wondering if it is not reverse compatable... the new version is web based and it seems to have problems.... feedback is welcome.
John

Jack Ryan

I have not had any problems. Can you post a link to a file you are having trouble with?

Jack

G-Man

Quote from: Babybearjs on July 27, 2015, 01:30:51 AM
I went into the TCI library to D/L some files that I needed and when I went to open them, Adobe came back and said the files were damaged beyond repair and they could not be opened... Has anyone had the same experience with Adobe? I'm using the latest release and am wondering if it is not reverse compatable... the new version is web based and it seems to have problems.... feedback is welcome.

Occasionally pdf files become corrupted and when they do, simply use the contact listed on the library's homepage and someone will get back to you. Generally they can replace the bad file.

Ktownphoneco

I've had that happen, on occasion, but found that if I didn't try opening it from the source (the library), but rather downloaded it to a file or folder on my computer first, then opened it from that location, the document opened with no problem.    See if that helps.

Jeff Lamb

twocvbloke

I ditched the mud & straw reader in favour of Foxit PDF reader, mostly due to the fact it doesn't consume a gogabyte of HDD space for what is basically a simple file display program ( but you know, adobe likes to slap more rubbish on to "add features" that most users never use!!), but also because it doesn't take a week to open a tiny file...

Babybearjs

Thanks for the help.... I seem to have fixed the problem....
John