News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Book: "The Deal of the Century - The Break Up of AT&T" by Steve Coll

Started by Greg G., February 19, 2015, 01:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I'm reading this book now, excellent!  Very educational and entertaining at the same time, reads like a novel!  A lot of politics, court room drama, professional self interests, personalities, bureaucratic bungling.  Has anybody else read it?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

ESalter

I did a book report on that book when I was a junior in high school.  Would have been 10 years ago now, I suppose.  I thought it was a very interesting book, gave a lot of insight into personalities and I seem to remember it was heavy with dialogue also.

---Eric

Greg G.

Quote from: ESalter on February 19, 2015, 10:32:57 AM
I did a book report on that book when I was a junior in high school.  Would have been 10 years ago now, I suppose.  I thought it was a very interesting book, gave a lot of insight into personalities and I seem to remember it was heavy with dialogue also.

---Eric

That's one of the things I was amazed at, actual dialog of conversations and meetings.  That's a LOT of meticulous research.  It also shed light on another aspect of phone collecting.  From time to time I've come across 500 sets that had AT&T as the manufacturer, not WE, always wondered what that was about, now I know.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e