News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

E1 Handset - Red Star - Has Anyone Seen One Before???

Started by Dennis Markham, April 27, 2010, 07:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Dan, I see the Oct 30, I was talking about the capacitor.  Now that Jorge mentioned it, I can see the faint 29 there too.  It probably has IV 29 which would be the last quarter of 1929.  That's an old one.

Dan/Panther

Sorry, maybe this will redeem me.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

rp2813

You guys must be seeing a "29" that I can't, even with the transmitter right in front of me!  I see "129A" but that's it.
Ralph

benhutcherson

I've seen a star on the receiver end, but not on the transmitter end.

Dan/Panther

Ralph did you see my enlarged enhanced photo of the writing on the capacitor above ? I also see 129A. Also it appears to say I 33, or I35. My two say 129A followed by I-36, the other III-33.
D/P

Dennis Markham

Well Ralph, that answers that.  It's a 129A capacitor.  I just wondered if the capacitor date confirmed or was consistent with the date stamped on the transmitter piece.

Dan/Panther

I used the computer to best match the colors so It could highlight the words and letters as close as possible. The photo is a close up of my cap. I selected the color that showed the most writing in the drawing, then asked it to match all like colors in the immediate vicinity. the top portion of the 36 was already very clear, so it just picked up the colors that matched in the brighter area.

D/P

rp2813

I guess maybe my transmitter is an early type before they started dating them the way D/P's are.

Interesting that yours are dated 36, D/P, as I have an F1 from 5/36, which would be II/36 on a 129A.  Did they overlap production of both types?  I would think they would have stopped making 129A's as soon as the F1's were in production since the F1 really brought things up to standards of even modern day carbon transmitters.
Ralph

rp2813

So getting back to the original question, does anyone know what these stars mean?
Ralph

AET

The big red Texaco star?

Quote from: Jim S. on April 27, 2010, 11:04:29 PM
You can trust your call to the phone that wears the star.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

This may not have anything to do with the E1 handset, but here is part of a BSP for the F-1 handset I found.
D/P