News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My cheapest purchase so far ...

Started by JorgeAmely, June 27, 2009, 09:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

99 cents. Who has gotten a cheaper phone off ebay?
Jorge

bingster

That beats my cheapest ebay phone by about $15. 8)
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Amazingly low price.  My best E-Bay price so far is $4.99. 

Dan/Panther

Mine also $4.99. Opening bid, no other bidders.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

foots

Same $4.99 here - on whatever this is.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

JorgeAmely

Funny thing is that the seller lives 15 miles from here and won't let me go pick it up.

Go figure.  :o :o ???
Jorge

Jester

That's a good looking phone for 99 cents.
Stephen

Dan

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 28, 2009, 04:56:56 PM
Funny thing is that the seller lives 15 miles from here and won't let me go pick it up.

Go figure.  :o :o ???

Meet him @ a local McDonalds or somewhere out in the open. Heck, tell him you'll give him $5 to prevent the hassle of shipping it and possible cracks and damage. He saves $, keeps his address private (somewhat-you can look @ his shipping address unless he uses a PO box) and you get the phone quicker and not broken. Everyone wins!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Unless he pads the shipping....
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

jsowers

Jorge, we're tied. I got this ivory 11-58 phone for 99 cents on eBay in November, 2007. The shipping was, of course, more than that. I hope the picture of the handset caps doesn't turn anyone's stomach.   :o   Most of this phone was original, but the dial was circa 1961. I got another one of those nice bonus cards with it too. That was worth 99 cents all by itself!
Jonathan

JorgeAmely

jsowers:

Just in parts alone is worth many times 99 cents. I have paid $3-5 for a Lucite wheel, about $2-3 for the original 283B plug. A mid fifties dial (not black) is worth $5-7, etc etc...
A nice card is about $3-5 at a phone show.  :(

Jorge