"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 83: 1965 Bell System Picturephone

Started by AE_Collector, January 28, 2013, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Quote from: TelePlay on February 03, 2013, 07:56:00 PM
Congrats to Mr. Bones for winning the contest by $27 with the sale price nearly splitting the difference between Mr. Bones and twocvbloke, I think . . .
I'll gladly split the prize with me chum, twocvbloke! Cheers! ;)

(Congratulations, Mo! I'm thrilled beyond belief for you, and to have been party to the whole shebang!)

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

As for the auction activity, here is a chart of the bids for the completed auction.

Greg G.

What's eBay's take?  Where is the winner located?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on February 03, 2013, 08:09:16 PM
For me, there have been two events that have really piqued my interest on this fourm in ways that other activities haven't.

Maureen's auction, and her exploring the items of her father's estate is one, and Dan Panther's trial 500 is the other. 

This is a great forum!

Hey Bill, don't forget the missing link we found!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Brinybay on February 03, 2013, 09:23:27 PM
What's eBay's take?  Where is the winner located?

California, east of Sacramento I think.

Terry

G-Man

Quote from: Brinybay on February 03, 2013, 09:23:27 PM
What's eBay's take?  Where is the winner located?

http://www.johnlarue.net/cgi-bin/photos.isc

We are located near Stockton, California and museum visitors are welcome.
We'd be happy to send you directions to the museum and give you a personal tour.

John K. La Rue's Museum of Telephony, part of the American Museum of Telephony, is dedicated to preserving telephone history. The museum contains telephones and related items from the dawn of telephony (late 1800s) to the present day. One of the Museum's goals is to have working telephones from all eras. Many Mid-20th Century phones are already connected to the working Step Switch or XY Switch in the Museum's vintage 'Central Office.' The Museum also includes a technical library which is full of telephone related books, catalogs, technical journals and practices.

The museum purchases collections and individual telephones and parts. We also accept tax deductible donations in the name of the 'American Museum of Telephony.' In some cases we have duplicate items that are available for trade.

Please enjoy the Museum pictures at your leisure. If you have questions or comments, please email us. We're always happy to correspond with other collectors or interested people.

MagicMo

EBay's take: $250+my $51 reserve= $301
Winner location: Stockton, CA
I think someone will be picking it up.
Great peeps!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

Phonesrfun

John LaRue is well known as a telephone collector and the owner of the JKL museum outside Stockton, CA, near Yosemite National Park.  John and Wayne made it a point to visit the Seattle phone show a couple years ago.
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Brinybay on February 03, 2013, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: Phonesrfun on February 03, 2013, 08:09:16 PM
For me, there have been two events that have really piqued my interest on this fourm in ways that other activities haven't.

Maureen's auction, and her exploring the items of her father's estate is one, and Dan Panther's trial 500 is the other. 

This is a great forum!

Hey Bill, don't forget the missing link we found!

That too!
-Bill G

MagicMo

The best part is that it is going to a Museum where other people can go and see it. I will have to make a point to go and visit it.
Mo

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

MagicMo

Or maybe I could just "Skype" as a visit. LOL! Full circle, gotta love it. ;)

MagicMo

The Picturephone is on it's way to a new home. :-\
I'm hoping they will love it like their own.
Bye Picturephone.....call me
Mo

trainman

Did the picturephone survive the museum fire?

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson