News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

HELP! SC Fatboy

Started by Doug Rose, January 24, 2012, 04:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked up a Stromberg Calson 1212 Fatboy. It has an AE handset, no big deal. It is working, but as you can see....NO RING! Can I use a ringer from a SC1243? I am not an SC guy at all. Where would I connect it to....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Well....the answer to my question is YES!!! SC1243 ringer fits perfectly, although the screws are too long. I had shorter screws that fit. I installed it and its rings!!!!! Trial and error on connections. I am finishing polishing the shell and the handset. This is going to be great!!!....Doug

Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Doug, I'm sorry that I did not see this post the first time around.  I picked up a 1212 a while back and also replaced the ringer with a straight line.  Here's that post:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3488.30

DougPav helped me wire it as I was having some problems.  I'm not sure yet that it is wired correctly but it rings and seems to work properly.

If you'd like me to trace the wiring for you, I'd be glad to do that.

Doug Rose

Thanks Dennis....no need, it is ringing and working perfectly. It will be finished today. Such a cool design....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Here is this finished phone. I had a SC handset and cord to replace the AE that was on it. I added a modular cord to the original line cord. I had this great PAX dial card that I could never find a phone for, now I have a home for it. This looks as close to new a s a phone can be.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Very nice, Doug!  Is it a keeper?

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 28, 2012, 03:27:57 PM
Very nice, Doug!  Is it a keeper?
Dennis....It is a keeper and a working phone in my phone room. I am more than happy with it. It took a lot longer to get it working and cleaned up than I allotted for it, but all in all,  a great find. Bakelite looks brand new. The handset that I had matches it perfectly. With the large expanse of thin bakelite and a cradle just waiting to break, these guys usually get some sort of damage. SC along with Kellogg and AE had some really cool designs. This is one of my favorites.....Doug
Kidphone