News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone (Try to) Use Mail.com?

Started by LarryInMichigan, June 12, 2014, 07:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I have been using mail.com for my personal email service for many years now, but the recently replaced their interface with a new one which eliminates a number of useful features, and now I cannot access anything at all (no web page is displayed) at www.mail.com.  I would be most grateful if anyone here could tell me of a trick for accessing my account or a way to retrieve messages and contacts so that I can move to another provider.

Thank You

Larry

Adam

I see web pages at that address just fine.  Things you can try:

1.  Test with a different browser
2.  Clear Cookies
3.  Turn of browser extensions if you're using any
4.  Return browser to default settings
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

LarryInMichigan

I have been trying to follow the issue.  It looks like nobody with Comcast service can access their web pages.  I can access their pages using a web proxy, but I still cannot retrieve my email.  The company apparently acknowledged that the problem actually exists earlier today and is supposedly trying to do something about it.  They were a mediocre web-based email service until a few weeks ago when they introduced a new interface which eliminated a number of important features and broke others, and now they are also very unreliable.  I will have to wait a couple of days, and if they do not fix it, I will have to spend many hours changing my email address on dozens of accounts and sending messages to friends, clients, etc. with a new email address.

Larry