News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hallicrafters WR 600 and S 120

Started by benkeys, December 20, 2012, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benkeys

Can someone tell me the difference between a Hallicrafters WR 600 and S 120? I am thinking about getting one or the other right after christmas, and the S 120 i spotted is a bit cheaper. Both are in the 40.00 range..  This would be my first short wave/communications receiver. I know both are "entry level" receivers and are fairly basic but are in my price range. I will also entertain suggestions of receivers in the 40-45.00 price range, however i like tube stuff a bit better then SS, but that doesnt mean i wont get a SS receiver.. Thanks-
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

Phonesrfun

Did you try Google?  Though many of us here are hams, I for one don't have any Hallicrafters experience, but there are probably radio forums out there where you would get answers.
-Bill G

benkeys

I tried a google search and came up with nothing. all i was able to figure out was the 600 was electrically the same as the 120, but i know that doesnt mean they are actually the exact radio. When i looked at pics of both i really cant tell any difference.. I was just curious if there were any major differences.
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....